PC Peripherals Same Q??Best DVD Player :PHILIPS- DVP5106K/97 or LG-DS-9533 or any other??

maximus999

Disciple
I just wanna know which is the Best DVD player in the market right now.....Im listing two or em'.....

PHILIPS DivX DVD Player ---DVP5106K/97---Rs 4500/- (*Mumbai)
LG DivX DVD Player ---DS-9533---Rs 3200/- (*Mumbai)

If u have ne other Brand/model in mind plzz Recommend??

Tks :)

i jus want to ask.......if we write a data dvd of movies...which are in avi and xvid format..will that work in this player??????

or i have to do the lengthy encoding stuff still...which i does to encode movies taking ard 3-4hours..for 1.5gb stuff

oh yes.. one more question.. would dvds full of mp3 written as data dvds play in it? and also wat abt multisession dvds?? would they play ?

AFAIK , normal data dvds with mp3 , [xvid+divx]avi files wud play easily

have tried it myself on LG and Philips both.

@andy - the quality of philips is better the lens is also better.

thks for the reply quady...i will post soon .....my frnd jus got one samsung dvd player..i have made 3 movies dvd lets c wether that works or not

[OT] Subjectively speaking, "The best" for a decent price would probably be a cheap HTPC with a radeon x1300 card... if all you care for is image quality(HQV scores... a radeon scores 115 while most dvd players sold in the mass market would struggle to get to 50-60). Nothing even 5 times the price will come close. You'd probably need a dvd player with a faroudja(i hope i got the spelling right :p) chipset to upsample and play equally well and those are horribly expensive.

[/OT]

@chaos.. do you knw you got so much gyan that you dunno what to do with it?? :bleh: :bleh:

hmm... its like a normal data dvd.. contains the mp3, m3u, and txt or nfo file... cant chk it anywhere so that` why asking here :D

and what abt multisession?? would it read only the first sessions or all the sessions... (even the MS dvd is a data dvd)

lemme know

thanks!

Back