Samsung Captivate

Me personally no. Once in a while I get soft reboots and that is because of custom rom and kernel. Trust me, it is an excellent model and for the price worth it. If you are not into Modding please make sure that captivate is shipped with at at least froyo. Because updating using kies has bricked some phones. So it is better to get it with the update. If you are into modding let me know and I can guide you to update your cappy from eclair to 2.3.5 I currently have 2.3.5 update in my captivate. It still has excellent high end hardware for single core phone, super amoled and gpu that plays any games flawlessly. So go ahead and sink your teeth into cappy ;)

Now i'm thinking of getting a vibrant instead, have to use it in the US for a few months and Vibrants supprots AT&T as well as T-Mobile 3G bands. Currently there are very few new vibrants for sale on ebay, what would be a good price to pay for one?

The thing with Vibrant is that it works with ATT due to 1900 MHZ band compatibility. But in some areas you might get edge. In my hometown Denver (Strong ATT network) I tried vibrant with my ATT sim and got only EDGE. But in California vibrant was able to get ATT 3g network.

Regarding price, once again using Denver as reference. You can get one for 185$ new one or used in mint condition. So why don't you get it when you go to US? If you are going to US, then you might as well as buy one of these phones at good prices. These prices are craigslist prices as they are more popular in US to shop for phones without contract. They are:

$ 185 - 200 - Vibrant, Captivate

$ 250 - 300 - G2, MyTouch 4g

$ 300 - 350 - Inspire 4g, Atrix, Nexus S, Sensation, G2X, Infuse

$ 350 - 400 - MyTouch 4g Slide (Dual Core), EVO 3D (CDMA)

How do I know this? I have a friend in Denver that has a cell phone shop. So I get the prices from him as to how the phones (Used) is priced.

Back