samsung galaxy s updating to froyo using kies

kumar007

Disciple
HI,
samsung galaxy s updating to froyo using kies. I heard that some difficuilty experienced when others did it. can i go ahead and do it or give to service centre and updated. is any one successful of updating through kies. i have eclair version

If your phone is not rooted or having any lagfix (in other words if you haven't experimented with your SGS), then you shouldn't have any problem updating via Kies.

Ensure you don't interrupt the process. (UPS for power cuts)... just let it do it's thing.

Make sure, download and recovery mode works well on your phone.(VOLUME UP + POWER + HOME and VOL DOWN + POWER + HOME).

Disable lagfix if applied any.

Then update to Froyo using kies. There should not be problem with root.

The reason I told you to check if Download and recovery mode works, if you soft brick your phone, you can easily re-flash using Odin.

as a preventive major, flash to stock using ODIN and then go with official update..if you must update to oficial from custom roms. (As the custom roms are anyways based on unofficial rom releases by samsung on their firmwares site.

hi to all,
thanks.
i am not able to understand wat are u trying to say. i havent rooted from phone. when connect to kies it shows software update avaliable...wat is odin and flashing it?

kumar007 said:
hi to all,

thanks.

i am not able to understand wat are u trying to say. i havent rooted from phone. when connect to kies it shows software update avaliable...wat is odin and flashing it?
you need not worry then.

if you have heard those terms 1st and if you are 1st owner of the phone who has not changed the stock samsung Software then you are good to go with what Kies is suggesting you to do.

I did and suffering now. All went well but phone restarted and message from kies said firm updated successfully. The phone boots and samsung logo screen only get displayed nothing else comes.........it keeps on displaying samsung logo screen only............help me............

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sorry guys................it is working......it took some time for reading data ...............its working fine ...........thanks..............

Back