Samsung Galaxy S2 - does it make sense to buy it now?

sandeepk

Disciple
I am looking for a new mobile not more than 24-25K. Also I have no desire to have big screen phones. At most 4.3 inches.

So does it make sense to buy it now? I am also considering HTC One S, but as you all know the Indian version is not that great. Any other good contender?

I was earlier using Samsung Focus and it went dead a weeks ago. No body it able to repair it. So Indian Warranty is more important now :yes:.
I am waiting for Nokia 820, as I was using Samsung Focus earlier. But I see no word from Nokia about when and for how much it will go in India. I will not consider HTC 8S as it does not even have front facing camera for a 20K phone besides a non-removable battery. My even older Nokia 5320 which I bought for 10K almost 4 yrs ago had one :O

I own the S2 and it's a lovely device. However, if I were you, I'd also look at the Xperia S with its AOSP benefits and better (debatable) hardware specifications.

Also, do consider the Motorola RAZR. It was selling for around 22k on Flipkart before it went out of stock.

Lastly, if warranty is not an issue, do go for the international One S or the G Nex if you can handle the larger screen size. Keep in mind that the width of the S2 and the G Nex are almost similar due to the different aspect ratios of their displays.

Out of the other options you guys suggested, I like to go with International HTC One S. I like its design more than others.
But imp question is if something happens to it, local mobile repair shop will be able to repair it? Otherwise it would have similar fate as my Samsung Focus.

I remember the i9100G issue which was discussed on the web after Samsung introduced them :)
I don't think I will be able to get i9100. Don't think anybody will have stock that old (9-10 months IIRC). i9100G is most likely going to be available. I am planning to visit some mobile shop over the weekend. Will be able to get the idea only then.

@sandeepk: You can find S2 (I9100) around 22~23k in homeshop18.com's superdeals. I just got mine 1 month back. It's the international version. Pretty decent device for that price, I really love the Screen and codec support. Haven't tried custom ROMs, as Stock 4.0.3 is good and snappy.

Last edited by a moderator:
sandeepk: You can find S2 (I9100) around 22~23k in homeshop18.com's superdeals. I just got mine 1 month back. It's the international version. Pretty decent device for that price, I really love the Screen and codec support. Haven't tried custom ROMs, as Stock 4.0.3 is good and snappy.

All custom roms works on S2-I9100 version.
I myself own one and keep on flashing custom roms every week.

:D

Back