Samsung Mobiles - A.S.S - Think Twice!

Funny, a mobile phone manufacturer that churns out handsets by the truck load, offers pathetic A.S.S!

So here's my exp with Samsung A.S.S...

My sister's Samsung M2710 decided to act up one fine day and the display stopped working. Figured it's under warranty and they should be able to fix it up real soon.

So that's when the ordeal started. After having given the handset to a Samsung ASC, it took over 45 days to get it back. Numerous calls to the centre, no plausible response, change of fault from a flaky display to a change in the slider ribbon, emails to the the ONLY support email address for Samsung India, all in vain...

So once I got the handset back, I was in for a few more surprises. After having tested it for 2 days, I noted that the phone kept restarting ever so often, to a point where it was rendered unusable. Figured it was a patchy flash of the phone software.

(I happened to receive an email response telling me that I was to expect a call from the Service Manager. As you can imagine, nothing happened)

(Take a look at the complaints board forums and you'll see the no. of Samsung mobile users affected)

At this stage, frustrations were sky high and I decided to get my sis a temp Nokia handset. After contemplating about getting the phone repaired by other service centres, we decided to try our luck again, so I gave it back to the centre. This is around 25 days after I had received the handset back.

This time round, they took their sweet time to plonk around and I finally went to collect the handset on Friday. While I waited at the centre, I had a guy strike up a conversation and ask me to stay away from Samsung products.

This was his story:

Gave the handset for service, after a bit of water managed to get into the display. He had to come to centre for the fourth time and his handset now has a plethora of problems, including a non-func camera, crappy display. In short, they fckd up his handset after repeated repairs. He looked seriously frustrated.

Anyway, back to my exp, I wasn't going to be happy as well. Nothing changed after the so called repair. The handset doesn't turn on at times and keeps restarting even if it does. A 5K dead weight, is all it is now!

I'm now in the process of getting it checked at other centres, so as to FIX the device and AVOID ANY FURTHER COMPLICATIONS, that is if it can still be repaired!?

I dread to imagine the plight of those who have given a lot more expensive phones, for repairs and wait for eternity, in vain. I also met a lady who is yet to receive her 15K handset, after months of waiting.

You will also be pleased to know that their service centres are unreachable over the phone or via email, for the most part.

In conclusion, PLEASE THINK TWICE, before you purchase a Samsung mobile phone! The excitement and VFM factor goes *POOF*, when things go wrong...

~T.T.M~

This can happened with any device maker and people already experienced such with nokia and many more even my friend returned e71 thrice

Its same for all manufacturers. So when buying a mobile i always look for one whose user comments say the hardware is stable.
Some phones though appealing if hardware is not stable is bound to give trouble and A.S.S is the same throughout.
It is sometimes better to wait for user reviews then buy a mobile by instinct.

Samsung/Nokia /Se all have tied up with lame people and boast them self as good service centers.I had taken my Spica to the service center to update it to 2.1 when it was initially out in India ,guess what the service center people told this phone is not sold in India sorry we do not support :mad: :mad: .Noob as**les.I had to show my bill even then they had no clue what was Android :cursing:.

All the BIG companies spend a lot on marketing but don't care on A.S.S

OT:How is HTC service center in India doing??

It's sad to hear the kind of customer service situation in our country. Electronic products can go defective anytime and this is what customer has to encounter when it happens. What about people buying phones like the Galaxy S? :(

Had a wonderful experience with Nokia Care and a decent one with Sony Ericsson. But yes , even i have faced this problem with Samsung. So i just cannot recommend them to anyone...

Something similar happened to me at Nokia Premium Service Center, but I finally got it working (Nokia N70) after 40 days around - including numerous visits, countless job sheets, and a 1500/- bill, and don't forget the frustration.

On the other side of the story, I bought Samsung Wave in the meanwhile as I was already tired of N70. And to my shock, the brand new Wave's charger didn't work out of the box when I first checked it at home. I immediately went to the Samsung service center with my bill and the faulty charger and know what, they replaced it in hardly 5 minutes, not only that, they gave me a better model of the charger unlike the crappy one that comes with the Wave. So far, I'm much impressed with Samsung's support and much depressed with Nokia's. But again, its just a matter of chance, can happen with any company.

Metalspree said:
Samsung/Nokia /Se all have tied up with lame people and boast them self as good service centers.I had taken my Spica to the service center to update it to 2.1 when it was initially out in India ,guess what the service center people told this phone is not sold in India sorry we do not support :mad: :mad: .Noob as**les.I had to show my bill even then they had no clue what was Android :cursing:.

All the BIG companies spend a lot on marketing but don't care on A.S.S

OT:How is HTC service center in India doing??
Even I had similar trouble in getting 2.1 on my Spica.....

I went to Samsung ASC at Santacruz (Nearest to me) and told them that I had the Donut OS & wanted the Eclair OS on my phone.....

They told me..... "Sir, isme ek hi os ata hai.... Spica...." As that was my 3rd visit, he asked someone "Star ka flash baithega kya ispe....?? Yeh teen din se aa rahe hai....."

I said "Aise kaise baithega?? Woh touchwiz hai, yeh Android hai....."

To which he said "Aapko koi problem nahi hai phone mein toh phir kyon flash karna hai?? Kabhi kabhi flash karnese problem shuru hota hai...."

And I was like shocked in the spine......!!! :O

Noobs didn't now a damn about Android..... :mad:

Then I went to the Andheri Centre..... Nothing happned.....

Then to the Dadar Centre...... Nothing happened.....

Meanwhile Samsung replied to my mail confirming that the 2.1 update was available for the Spica..... I took a print of the mail & went to Santacruz ASC again.... Nothing..... They had no clue.....

This went on for around 18-20 days.....

Finally, I called the Sion ASC & they said that they had the 2.1 update. I reached there & they told me to leave the phone & come after 2 days..... :huh:

But the girl there was very cooperative. Her name was Neha & I told her how my sister's name was Neha as well..... bla bla bla.....!!! :eek:hyeah:

(No... Really, my sister's name IS Neha.....!!!)

So, she went inside, came out & told me to wait for an hour. My phone was handed over to me...... Thankfully, never had to visit Samsung ASC after that.

:rofl:

BTW, I have heard similar & at times even worse stories about HTC Service.

One of my friends handed over his Mint condition scratchless Touch HD to the ASC & they badly scratched the back of the phone.
:mad:

@toxicmind Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
My father had a cheap Samsung phone(around Rs.4k when he bought it). It had a few problems 2years after he had bought it. So when he gave it to the service centre(about 1yr back), the problem was corrected and the handset returned in 15days. Also we recieved calls from their customer care centre in Kolkata and also their main centre in Delhi. We were really pleased with the Samsung after sales service.

Sorry to hear that such a service has gone down to this pathetic level. :(

Darky said:
^ Yes, exactly.
Well.... that sounds cool..... ;)

And what amount are they offering you?? I mean are they giving a full refund of the Price u paid for the phone or are they making some stupid calculations to arrive at a lower amount based upon some fictitious market indexes.... bla bla bla.....?? :mad:

Had faced a problem for replacing my samsung headphones which were not working

I went to kandivali center two times and they said that stock will come in two days, one week come again later

then I called up toll free customer care no. of samsung and the guy told me to deposit the headphones in any service center and they will call you when the stock comes but the service center refused to deposit it
Then I got the contact no. of a guy who was owner of a service center and I told him my story and he told me that he will check the availability of stock in any other branch and he call me back in 1 hour and told me to visit the borivali or santacruz center

Next day I go to borivali center and stand in Q for an hour and they say that they can't replace the headphones an I don't have the earplugs which came with them

But I told them that change the lower part as the upper past was tested working on my pc and then they told that they don't have stock and asked me to come back in a week

I mailed a complain to id given on samsung site that I would never recommend samsung to anyone , i regrett for getting samsung and will drag them to consumer forum for delaying the RMA so that my warranty period gets over and gave them serious threats

and then the next day I cleverly called up kandivali center from and I said that I want to purchase it and they said yes it was available at their place for 800 bucks

And then again I called them from my 2nd no. and asked if the stock had come and to my surprise they said yes

Seriously speaking from my personal experience mail a complain to them saying that "you are not satisfied and blah blah and you regret for getting samsung and nokia is the best , you won't recommend samsung to anyone and you will drag them to consumer forum " and the problem gets solved quickly

So the Brand SAMSUNG known for GOOD ASS just unable to keep it's reputation intact.

Yes Consumer Court is best Threat for service for products in warranty.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

The objective of my post was to:

1. Make people aware of the pathetic email support (one address) offered by Samsung (should you need to escalate the case).

2. That you could potentially aggravate the problems and ruin the handset, by giving it for repairs.

3. That the service personnel don't give a damn about how long you wait.

4. ASCs are ill equipped and run by inexperienced personnel.

I agree this happens with a few other brands, but given the range of electronics mftd by Samsung, their A.S.S for mobile phones is down right abysmal. The feeling of helplessness is what gets to you.

Samsung ASS is super pathetic. Nokia is pretty good. My N86's camera module was replaced within a week whereas the Wave has to visit service station numerous times to get the software done. Only nokia offers a decent ASS. My friend's N86 had 3-4 swaps until he fought hard and got a new sealed packed N86 :)

^ I agree. Something as critical as changing the display of a handset (in my case), was carried out with ease at Nokia Care.

Moreover, they can't afford to screw up, with the user base they have in India.

Well, this thread could be used to refer to and share experiences with Samsung A.S.S, as far as mobile phones are concerned.

techno_guy said:
Had faced a problem for replacing my samsung headphones which were not working
I went to kandivali center two times and they said that stock will come in two days, one week come again later
then I called up toll free customer care no. of samsung and the guy told me to deposit the headphones in any service center and they will call you when the stock comes but the service center refused to deposit it
Then I got the contact no. of a guy who was owner of a service center and I told him my story and he told me that he will check the availability of stock in any other branch and he call me back in 1 hour and told me to visit the borivali or santacruz center

Next day I go to borivali center and stand in Q for an hour and they say that they can't replace the headphones an I don't have the earplugs which came with them
But I told them that change the lower part as the upper past was tested working on my pc and then they told that they don't have stock and asked me to come back in a week

I mailed a complain to id given on samsung site that I would never recommend samsung to anyone , i regrett for getting samsung and will drag them to consumer forum for delaying the RMA so that my warranty period gets over and gave them serious threats

and then the next day I cleverly called up kandivali center from and I said that I want to purchase it and they said yes it was available at their place for 800 bucks
And then again I called them from my 2nd no. and asked if the stock had come and to my surprise they said yes

Seriously speaking from my personal experience mail a complain to them saying that "you are not satisfied and blah blah and you regret for getting samsung and nokia is the best , you won't recommend samsung to anyone and you will drag them to consumer forum " and the problem gets solved quickly

Hi, could u tell me where is Samsung's borivli center is located.
Sorry for the OT.

Back