Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
None
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Abandoned Project
This was intended for a hackintosh project that I ended up cancelling in favour of a M1 Mac mini. I purchased this last month from someone on OLX and it arrived with a little shipping damage on the PCI bracket and on two other spots: a corner of the rear metal shroud and a corner of the PCB by the PCI backplate. This area of the PCB is unpopulated except for the display connectors and in my testing all video outputs worked well with no issues under Windows. I have not repasted it or taken off the heatsink for cleaning as I would normally do for older hardware. I would highly recommend putting a dab of Araldite epoxy on the damaged corner of the PCB for long term protection.

If required, I can do some testing before sending it to you but that might take a few days, up to a week after payment.

Price is Rs 16175 and is non-negotiable. No testing warranty, no returns, no refunds.

Shipping will be within a day of payment if testing is not required.

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-18 11.04.25.jpeg
    photo_2022-01-18 11.04.25.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 263
  • photo_2022-01-18 11.03.39.jpeg
    photo_2022-01-18 11.03.39.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 247
  • photo_2022-01-18 11.03.42.jpeg
    photo_2022-01-18 11.03.42.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 259
  • photo_2022-01-18 11.03.43.jpeg
    photo_2022-01-18 11.03.43.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 246
  • photo_2022-01-18 11.12.00.jpeg
    photo_2022-01-18 11.12.00.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 264
  • photo_2022-01-18 11.03.45.jpeg
    photo_2022-01-18 11.03.45.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 265
There's no bill, no warranty. I also don't know how old it is. This was originally purchased for my personal use so I didn't ask for any details, it only mattered that it worked without issues.

There's no bill, no warranty. I also don't know how old it is. This was originally purchased for my personal use so I didn't ask for any details, it only mattered that it worked without issues.
It is your sale, but don't you think that the next buyer deserves the same "courtesy" of testing for himself whether the card works without issues. Why should anyone spend their hard earned money on something which they cannot see or test?

I realize the terms are unreasonable but we aren’t living in reasonable times. The risk associated with accepting a return from a dissatisfied member is far too great for me to consider offering testing warranty (which I normally do, and have done with everything I have sold here barring the last three items that I put up this month):

7E9E3A4B-8093-4203-9791-B9D78BE5C391.jpeg

don't you think that the next buyer deserves the same "courtesy" of testing for himself

The person from OLX went no-contact after I mentioned the damage caused by his inadequate packaging of the graphics card. I would have been stuck with it if it had any issues. It was a risk from outset but thankfully it didn’t have any issues and now I’m offering it here to anyone willing to take the same risk, at a price much lower than what I paid but with the assurance that I will test it beforehand upon request, provide photos and videos of the testing, and package it securely. But once it leaves here, I cannot take it back or offer a refund.

I really do wish the situation was not like this.

I realize the terms are unreasonable but we aren’t living in reasonable times. The risk associated with accepting a return from a dissatisfied member is far too great for me to consider offering testing warranty (which I normally do, and have done with everything I have sold here barring the last three items that I put up this month):

View attachment 124472

The person from OLX went no-contact after I mentioned the damage caused by his inadequate packaging of the graphics card. I would have been stuck with it if it had any issues. It was a risk from outset but thankfully it didn’t have any issues and now I’m offering it here to anyone willing to take the same risk, at a price much lower than what I paid but with the assurance that I will test it beforehand upon request, provide photos and videos of the testing, and package it securely. But once it leaves here, I cannot take it back or offer a refund.

I really do wish the situation was not like this.
I don't want to argue, but I never expected corona to be brought into this conversation. Anyway, GLWS.

Thanks. I don’t remember if I mentioned it outside of PM’s but I live with my immunocompromised parents so I need to be as cautious as possible.

I’m okay with this not selling under these terms and hopefully things get better really soon so that testing warranty is something I can offer again.

I was in the similar situation in the past where I was selling an OOW PSU and upon delivery the buyer said it was DOA. Long story short, it turned out the buyer decided to (no idea why) flip the voltage switch from 240v to 110V and then told me his entire home's power tripped. Luckily, I had this on WhatsApp chat, else I would have been at a 100% loss. The user was clueless what the switch does and hence probably why he admitted/mentioned this fact.

My personal offering to potential buyers is - I will send you unlimited, screenshots, live video calls, zoom screenshare calls, pics or whatever you want to get you comfortable.

The world and forum is filled with all kinds of people who vary on the technical knowledge as well as ethics spectrum which can be scary.

FWIW, I can vouch for @rsaeon. And I am pretty sure he will give you the above mentioned comfort before you buy.

That's a good idea, I'll set up a test bench sometime between tomorrow and this weekend and post a few photos/screenshots.

I cleared up my morning for some testing and I'm really impressed with how cool and quiet the card is. Almost makes me not want to sell it, ha. A 5 minute OCCT test had temperatures peak at 70C with fans at 70%. Fan noise was barely audible above ambient noise, but this is with the disclaimer that my computing area ('battlestation' as the kids call it these days) is in a noisy area. Still, fan noise was mostly monotonous, with no ticks, twings or twangs. Fan noise recording: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1dqwvedhot3wjaw/AAB1mXuoIqnyplhMzavcdcmVa?dl=0

The challenging part of the testing was sourcing five screens along with compatible display cables. Here's all five screens connected within windows (ignoring the ancient macbook):

IMG_2057.JPEG

And a screenshot taken later on of all screens (three QHD and two WXGA):

displays.JPG

Here's all five monitors displaying different apps during testing:

IMG_2058.JPEG

The connections: two hdmi, two displayport and one DVI-D to HDMi connected to a VGA monitor with a HDMI to VGA converter:

IMG_2063.JPEG

Some more photos of the card installed in that DH87MC motherboard I'm also selling in another thread (fans are off on idle):

IMG_2065.JPEG

IMG_2067.JPEG

And finally, screenshots:

OCCT-Screenshot-20220119-111056.png

rx570d.JPG

rx570c.JPG

rx570b.JPG

rx570a.JPG

That's all the testing I was able to do but it should allow members to make a more informed decision if they're still interested in purchasing this card.

Last edited:
I did get an offer of 9k, but overall there doesn't seem to be much interest in cards like these

the current roi is 500 days at my original asking price of 16k, so I might just stuff this into a thin client and forget about it for a year and a half

wake up one day and boom, 16k in crypto plus a graphics card ha

Back