Monitors Second monitor suggestion for use in portrait mode

juventino

Disciple
Hey,

I am planning to buy a second monitor for my setup and use it primarily in portrait mode. Hence I need a monitor that pivots.

I already have a Dell S2409W and I am using DTH through HDMI and PC through DVI, on it. I have a MSI 6950 Twin Frozer III OC/PE graphics card so I know I can use a second monitor without any hassles.

I will use the second monitor for pretty much the same things I do with my first monitor i.e. HD movies, gaming, surfing, reading ebooks, surfing etc. By using the monitor in portrait mode reading books/magazines and surfing will be much better. I am currently using my desktop at 1080p resolution.

My budget is any amount less than 14k.

Warranty is a big issue for me. Getting good after sales service is a must.

I know of the following models that fit my criteria but not sure about their price:

1. Dell U2312HM - Rs. 14,000/- @ SMC International

2. BenQ BL2400PT

3. BenQ RL2450HT

If you know any other models that fit my criteria please let me know. I am located in Delhi so will be buying from Nehru Place.

Thanks in advance.

The monitor is good but the A.S.S is not that good so it's better to go with dell.

What is a.s.s? I went to Nehru Place today and found out that not a single shop stocks Asus monitors. Which makes me wonder about any future customer service quality.

The ASUS official sales guy said it would cost me Rs. 16,500 and will have to be shipped from Mumbai. I will have to pay a token amount of Rs. 2,000 and the rest on delivery. Despite this I'm still tempted to go for this monitor for the following reasons:

1. HDMI port

2. Displayport cable included

3. 10 bit panel or something, apparently it's higher than Dell U2312HM

My concern is the after sales service. Rashi are infamous for their service.

As far as the DELL goes my only concern is the lack of an HDMI port.

What about backlight bleeding issues on the ASUS PA238Q? Does anyone know anything about it?

A.S.S-After sales service,i personally haven't seen Asus PA238Q so can't comment on the backlight bleeding,well if you want HDMI port badly then it's a good choice to go for but there are few doubts on the rashi service.

Back