Shipping Tennis Racquets US to India- Aramex's Shopnship or Shopabroad's Just ship?

I recently purchased a pair of tennis racquets from ebay.com and now need to ship them to my home in India. Which of the two options will be better?

Aramex's Shopnship or Shopabroad's Just ship? Weight of a single racquet is around 300 grams. So total weight will be around 600 grams +.

I have had some great experience with Shopabroad so far purchasing good number of products but never used their just ship services. Their automated just ship calculator is showing around 3000 Rs total charges.

I have already asked for a quote from shopnship (yet to get a reply though). Any suggestions in this regard? Which of these two will be cheaper/more reliable and any chance of getting these as duty free gift through either of these two services?

Re: Shipping Tennis Racquets US to India- Aramex's Shopnship or Shopabroad's Just shi

I can speak for SnS. You will be charged 18 USD + 10.3% taxes for shipping. Approx. 1000 . Customs would be 14.71% of customs evaluated value (ie, your actual invoice + 21.125% of invoice + 1% of that amount) * 14.71%. Assuming a cost of $100, the customs would be 14.71% * ((100 + 21.125%) + 1%) = $18. You can find the actual customs based on the invoice value. SnS is pretty prompt, however, I have to add I do not know how safe it is to ship sports or musical equipment through anyone for that matter

Re: Shipping Tennis Racquets US to India- Aramex's Shopnship or Shopabroad's Just shi

Thanks agantuk. Very useful info. :)

I hope shopnship can either reply to my private message or post here so I can go ahead with the deal. BTW actual invoice is 150$ and 14.99$ extra as shipping charges.

Mail them at india AT shopandship DOT com. They respond quicker on that.

Wasn't aware that SnS also charges volumetric. I have received packages of weird shapes but they have always been charged on actual weight.

Better to check with selection sports in Mumbai, they have all the latest racquets at great prices.

agantuk said:
Wasn't aware that SnS also charges volumetric. I have received packages of weird shapes but they have always been charged on actual weight.

I have also purchased racquets from shopyourworld and icc shopabroad and although they arrived in large size boxes I was never charged extra.

Fahrenheit said:
I hope you do realize that the weight they consider while charging is not the physical weight of the item but the volumetric weight. For something like a tennis racquet i'm sure the cost will be much more than what agantuk has suggested...

Volumetric weight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SNS is always actual weight and not volumetric

Its confirmed as got a package reweighed

I agree with kuduku , they charge on the actual weight not the VOLUMETRIC WEIGHT !

Back