Sony Xperia Z Specs and Features

My Xperia Z was delivered this morning...don't expect a full review, but here's a random list of thoughts in the last 30 minutes I've spent playing with the device. :D

1) Running the phone without a SIM card as I need to get my Mini-SIM cut into a Micro-SIM :p
2) Shopping experience from HS18 was super smooth, I got a call on Friday afternoon, about an hour after placing my order...and it was delivered today. So in all, they got my device to me in less than 48 working hours.
3) A free pair of MDR-ZX100A headphones was included in the shipment, despite no mention of it on the website, along with the 'premium' case. :headphone: So in all, I got a free pair of headphones and a case for along with the Xperia Z for 33k.
4) The case, though free, doesn't do justice to the phone. The package and printing felt like a Chinese OEM product, and I especially dislike the fact that it has slots cut out on the right to house your cards/money. Should have ditched it kept it slim and streamlined.
5) Retail package was really small. It didn't come with a MicroSD card, though the GSMArena's review unit shipped with a 2GB one.
6) Bundled earphones were MH750. The Verge's review unit shipped with MH-EX300AP.
7) Two screen protectors - front and back were included. I was surprised to see these since I read that all Sony smartphones have a screen protector pre-applied on them. So would appreciate if someone could clarify if I should apply them. :oops:
8) Coming from an ancient Bold 9700, this is my first Android smartphone, so I really can't comment on how it stacks up against other devices. But I'm satisfied with the screen, despite reviews stating that it is 'washed' out.

Bought the Xperia z initially I was skeptical about it but since one week had done extremely well... Also it charges and as well drains faster than any other mobile imo

The new update is very nice

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368897284102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368897284102.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 181
Back