Health & Fitness Sourcing replacement parts for swivel chairs

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Does anyone know of any reliable, high quality vendors from where I can buy replacement chair parts? I'm specifically looking for arm rests right now. I see a lot of them on Amazon, but I really don't want to buy and return and buy and return endlessly before I get something that's good quality.

I'd appreciate any recommendations, whether standalone websites or any of the brands available on Amazon etc.

Edit: the chair I have is the Featherlite Amaze.

Can you not approach featherlite for a first-party replacement? I'm not sure these parts are standardized enough for you to have many options outside of the first party one anyway.

Can you not approach featherlite for a first-party replacement? I'm not sure these parts are standardized enough for you to have many options outside of the first party one anyway.
Well amazon appears to have dozens that say universal, and from the measurements looks like they would fit. But, you know, dodgy quality and all.

I could ask featherlite, and I did try to today, but their IVR is pretty incomprehensible and i just gave up and thought i'll check here if anyone has recos. If there's none in a few days might try them again.

Amazing. I didn't know any company could be this bad at setting up a phone line for service. They fixed the IVR, but "we're all busy, **** off and call back later." No hold queue or anything.

Well amazon appears to have dozens that say universal, and from the measurements looks like they would fit. But, you know, dodgy quality and all.

I could ask featherlite, and I did try to today, but their IVR is pretty incomprehensible and i just gave up and thought i'll check here if anyone has recos. If there's none in a few days might try them again.
By Swivel chair, do you mean regular office chair? I bought a replacement armrest from amazon for a chair. It seems to be universal in the sense of screw hole placement. Find the shape closest to your current one. That's what I did. I've done a lot of maintenance on my chair over last 3~4years. Replaced arm rest, replaced the seating cushion, replaced the hydraulic stem, replaced the plastic wheels with rubber ones. All put together it's still cheaper than buying a new chair.

By Swivel chair, do you mean regular office chair? I bought a replacement armrest from amazon for a chair. It seems to be universal in the sense of screw hole placement. Find the shape closest to your current one. That's what I did. I've done a lot of maintenance on my chair over last 3~4years. Replaced arm rest, replaced the seating cushion, replaced the hydraulic stem, replaced the plastic wheels with rubber ones. All put together it's still cheaper than buying a new chair.
Yes, a regular office chair. If possible, can you let me know which of the dozens of generic brands you bought? They're all pretty much chinese made stuff but sometimes you get really bad ones. I'm hesitant to just order and return if the quality is bad or something.

Did you replace the seating cushion as a DIY job btw? If so, how extensive a task is that?

Why not try a local market?
lol. Local markets are a last resort for me.

It's not even going there and buying in person that's the problem, although I try to keep my people interactions to a minimum. It's the typical shopkeeper attitude of quoting an inflated price and expecting people to haggle. I don't haggle; I'll see the inflated price and I'll walk out without a word, and never visit the shop again.

But, anyway, managed to get in touch with featherlite today, they said they'll arrange a call from the delhi service team. Not ideal, but ok, let's see how it goes.

lol. Local markets are a last resort for me.

It's not even going there and buying in person that's the problem, although I try to keep my people interactions to a minimum. It's the typical shopkeeper attitude of quoting an inflated price and expecting people to haggle. I don't haggle; I'll see the inflated price and I'll walk out without a word, and never visit the shop again.

But, anyway, managed to get in touch with featherlite today, they said they'll arrange a call from the delhi service team. Not ideal, but ok, let's see how it goes.
For such a small item I don’t expect anyone to quote a highly inflated price. The price would definitely be cheaper than Amazon or Featherlite.

Moreover you can check the size and design them and there if you take your original arm rest along.

Yes, a regular office chair. If possible, can you let me know which of the dozens of generic brands you bought? They're all pretty much chinese made stuff but sometimes you get really bad ones. I'm hesitant to just order and return if the quality is bad or something.

Did you replace the seating cushion as a DIY job btw? If so, how extensive a task is that?
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09X4825VY for the arm rest. Cushion was done by a local chair/sofa repair guy. 850rs or so for the cushion, a day's work at most.

Back