Audio Speakers

lordfiend

Disciple
I have read many threads concerning the speakers but more i read more I get confused I have concluded that:
1. MX 5021 is for music
2. Z5500 for boom boom bass which is not punchy is for surround

But what about me I listen to lot of music and watch a lot of music. To some time I did on my headphones but since they are gone(painfull tale) I wanna buy speakers max budget is 20K please enlighten me.

I want it good for music and movies as well.

I live in ludhiana( mind it no tech geek here people are Bose crazy and throw away money on Bose and Sony as hell. There is not even a single core i7 system. So the city sucks in case of tech). :mad:

Now please suggest the speakers that I could buy from chandigarh or anywhere in Punjab.
Thanks to all. :cool2:

Going by the feel of your post, I am confident that the Logitech Z5500 will serve you well. If it is a smaller room (< say 200 sqft), you might even consider the Z5300.

Seems like Z5500 is the way to go if you need surround sound for the movies. MX beats the Z5500 left, right and center when it comes to listening to music.

Why dont you audition the Z5500 (as such the MX doesn't require any auditioning! The present-gen MXs' still one of the good 2.1 systems!) before you jump into a conclusion? Most Chroma, eZone outlets should have one on display. Take a laptop to the store and ensure that you've pre-loaded some FLACs, .mkvs into the system and have it auditioned. The system would sound a notch better with the optical audio out if your audio card (or the motherboard) has an optical-out port.

Do you have a sound card in your system? Since you're investing in the i7 platform, I'd advise you to get a good entry-level sound card (if you don't have one yet!) to complement the speakers you're about to invest in. Such as the Asus Xonar DX. Costs around 4.5k.

I watch a lot of movies and as such the MX serves me quite well although I maybe missing the surround part.

2.1:

1) MX-5021

2) Razer Mako

3) Klipsch Proaudio GMX A

5.1:

1) Onkyo HT-S3200 (would rate this lot lot better than Z5500)

2) Logitech G51

3) Creative GigaWorks ProGamer G550W

@lordfiend - how about letting us know the kind of music you like to listen to? In audio, to each his own. You cannot go by what other ppl like. If you want to go by the guidance of others, try to get advice from someone whose taste in music matches yours.

Guys get real here. Not everyone is a audiophile. Let us not frighten lord away from the Z5500 because if you read his first post objectively, you will come to the conclusion I came to. The Z5500 will match his taste.

i'm not sure about this, but i think you can add speakers and subwoofers later on for added effects in case of the speakers suggested by chaos.

you can invest in cheaper speakers and use them as surround speakers because in 5.1 movies, most of the sound comes from the FL, FR & Center.

lordfiend, another decent 5.1 setup recommended is the JBL SCS 140 and the Karman Kardon AVR133 receiver. This setup is being sold as the JBL Cinesystem 133 what we refer to as a HTIB (Home Theater in a Box!) and is quite old TBF but miles ahead of the Z5500 in terms of SQ.

Retails for less than 25k and is one of the good setups for the price you pay. :)

Back