Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

@sajokj: Hahaha..... You are absolutely right. We would rather pay premium price for HTC/Samsung/Sony phones than believe in a Huawei or Spice that has an exceptional phone for such a great price.

For me till now I am happy.

80% happy

I was happy when I install some special apps.

Vtok - This is really nice on Wifi

youtube- Great on big screen

Music- I love it on spice Mi-410. (Still wont beat my ipod) - but itthina paisa me ithni milega rite?

Always on google service, Online on Gtalk, gmail and facebook

So guys... I'm back!!!

As I'd posted here a week ago.. I had received a visibly used handset from Saholic.com. For a week I was out of Delhi on some work and before leaving I was able to get in touch with the Saholic person and he picked up my mobile last to last Saturday promising that post the inspection by Spice a new mobile would be delivered. The person kept his promise and the new mobile reached my place on wednesday. I came back today to Delhi and opened the box to find out a new in condition mobile with slightly bubbles on the default screen protectore. Well atleast the mobile was new and heaved a sign of relief. I played around with it for a while and did the regular android setup on the same.

It was later at night that the shocker came. It so happened that I'd switched off my mobile and restarted the same while in a dark place in the verandah and I observed a dead pixel (white on black startup screen where the android comes). I downloaded few apps from the market to confirm the dead pixel and there it was ... on the top left hand corner. I was speechless and don't know what to do. Downloaded 2-3 dead pixel remover/fixer apps but it seems to be a hardware issue and not a software fix. So!!?? I called up the Spice mobile person and now again looking for a replacement second time within two weeks.

You know sometime I feel like kicking myself for buying this instead of the defy that my brother bought... and I realized... that's the difference between premium brands and low cost OEM alternatives... "Better Quality Checks". Will keep you guys posted.. but breaks my heart to admit that I think I made a bad decision here.

srawat_itpro said:
So guys... I'm back!!!

As I'd posted here a week ago.. I had received a visibly used handset from Saholic.com. For a week I was out of Delhi on some work and before leaving I was able to get in touch with the Saholic person and he picked up my mobile last to last Saturday promising that post the inspection by Spice a new mobile would be delivered. The person kept his promise and the new mobile reached my place on wednesday. I came back today to Delhi and opened the box to find out a new in condition mobile with slightly bubbles on the default screen protectore. Well atleast the mobile was new and heaved a sign of relief. I played around with it for a while and did the regular android setup on the same.

It was later at night that the shocker came. It so happened that I'd switched off my mobile and restarted the same while in a dark place in the verandah and I observed a dead pixel (white on black startup screen where the android comes). I downloaded few apps from the market to confirm the dead pixel and there it was ... on the top left hand corner. I was speechless and don't know what to do. Downloaded 2-3 dead pixel remover/fixer apps but it seems to be a hardware issue and not a software fix. So!!?? I called up the Spice mobile person and now again looking for a replacement second time within two weeks.

You know sometime I feel like kicking myself for buying this instead of the defy that my brother bought... and I realized... that's the difference between premium brands and low cost OEM alternatives... "Better Quality Checks". Will keep you guys posted.. but breaks my heart to admit that I think I made a bad decision here.

Sorry for you, sometimes its just bad luck, happened twice with you... I had some bad experience with Nokia N97 (new within 15 days) and then they replaced it with new (assuming) but even that started giving problems, so it can happen with any company, but accepted that the branded company has some pretty good QC..

Seriously man!!! It has to be my bad luck also but then I can understand that dead pixel is a problem which can be overlooked by many.. I missed it for an entire day and found it by chance..!!!

I mean I've an Archos 5 IT android tablet and this baby is smoother and more functional than any mobile out there.. I bought the same in Dubai about 1.5 years back and never had to worry about battery life , dead pixel, bad screen etc.. contrast to this device which is becoming a nightmare for me.. well back to my Archos for now and the phone is all neatly packed up.. ready to be sent back to Spice :( :(

dr_jimit said:
How to view Gujarati fonts in Browser, Facebook, mails etc. in this phone ???
I hve a lot of things to read in gujarati, I think all of gujarati in web is now Unicode ( if i m not wrong )(?UTF-8??)

Please some 1 reply. Change to unicode in browser setting doesnt show gujarati.Only square boxes/.........

som1 plo reply.......

dr_jimit said:
som1 plo reply.......

Same applies for Gujarati

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-551/327078-hindi-fonts.html

Basically you need to root your phone and replace the fonts with unicode fonts, ligatures (યુક્તાક્ષર) will be a problem, and for simple reading in regional languages, just make a pdf, it works....

To type in Gujarati you will need MultiLing Keyboard from the market...

boomboom said:
Is it micro HDMI or mini HDMI?

Here is an ebay link for mini HDMI to HDMI branded Sony for 1000 and cheaper one for 300
mini hdmi to hdmi cable | eBay

ours is a micro HDMI or Type D connector, not mini or Type C connector.. so search for micro HDMI to HDMI cables..:)
[attachment=8772:15276.attach]

Attachments

• _HDMITYP.jpg
    _HDMITYP.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 312
Hey guys!!! In whatever little time that I spent with my mobile - I felt the music was bass heavy (with my EP630 in-ear earphones), i.e., the bass was a bit too much. Have you guys experienced the same and is there a possibility to tweak the same using some sort of app?

Also, please do let me know if someone has been able to get a good quality 16GB microSD card for this mobile and for smoother video recording what is the minimum card class level should I be purchasing? I was think Class 6 / Class 10 but do let me know if class 4 cards work out fine.

Rgds

Sandy

paarkhi said:
.......and for Audio you can try PowerAmp
^^ +1 PowerAmp

& for gujarati , I m not Brave :cool2: enough to ROOT now :hap5: , will try to update 2.3.4. & when safe ROOT / UNROOT in 1 click is available........... :D

I had almost bought this phone 10 days ago, but backed off last minute due to fear :huh: of inconsistent service from spice mobiles.

but as I was searching for forums about the quality of the phone and service given by spice guys I came across your blog. Mr.Sajokj built my confidence while Mr.Srawat_itpro's experiences send a shiver down my spine.

I'm a die hard linux fan and for the same reason a Android fan too with a geek heart at the core.

I had set my eyes on huawei X6 as soon as it came to news. but launch by spice came as a shocker.

today I called two of spice mobile service centre guys from the numbers I got from spicemobile website.

I'm from Kerala and am sandwiched between two service centres. (Ernakulam@ southern side and Angamaly@northern side )I called both of them at 0945pm(just a few minutes ago). How ever both of them responded

First guy told me to call between 9:30am to 6pm hours. (Ernakulam service centre)

Second no. was picked up by a woman (a small child was crying in background - house atmosphere). as I told her that I got the number from web and was expecting a spice mobile service center, she handed over the phone to a man. I told him the following story:

"i purchased spice mi-410 recently. of the late the phone has started giving reboots and blank camera".

the guy replied that high end models were generally not serviced here and would be send to bangalore, and this was the case with all branded products like Nokia, LG, samsung ..etc. etc.

one of his service guy would contact company engineer over phone and try to rectify defect here itself if not possible then above method was the only option left. and no other option was available they will issue aDOA letter - Dead On Arrival

Also he told that everything from charger to connectors of the phone were tagged from company itself and they know if "anything" been done to the phone.

So guys pls help, I'm constructing a house else i'd have bought the phone long ago. Now I have to think thrice before I plunge.

Some body give me a sound advice. head and heart are not going in one direction. and what about custom Rom for this one. Cyanogenmod 7.x is not yet for out this phone. Will Ice cream sandwich run on this phone.

I've downloaded the CSL Gingerbread update for the phone long ago.

Warranty ..... worries.........God help me. out.

Guy, There are some issues on this phone, today morning I got a issue on this phone. While I was sleeping my phone also was in Standby/sleeping mode. Today When I tried to ON the screen using the power button, Nothing happends even after hitting the power button the phone is not coming out of the Sleeping mode, when I make a call the phone is ringing, but Screen is still off. any one faced this issue? once removed the battery and placed it back, its working as normal. dont know how long?

Is it a hardware issue or CSL 2.3.4 issue?

Those who had not yet purchased this phone/or planning to purchase this phone, please hold on... Dont buy this phone. There are some serious issues which may come up anytime. so stay away from this Baby.

Well its seems like the reboot & black camera issue is specific to CSL Gingerbread 2.3:huh:, as i bought this phone a fortnight ago and completely enjoying my purchase without any major issues (Iam on stock Rom), Yes there are some minor niggles but nothing that makes me feel guilty:).. and i have learn t to leave with it,

other than that i am completely satisfied with my decision to purchase spice mi4110 instead of Moto Def..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Do not worry this might be a one instance, This could happen even to the best of Phones some time... My friend has an samsung Galaxy s and even he faces this kind of issue some times,

adityadeva said:
I had almost bought this phone 10 days ago, but backed off last minute due to fear :huh: of inconsistent service from spice mobiles. .................................God help me. out.

I'd suggest you to go with some branded mobile like Motorola Defy or Samsung Galaxy Ace or Dell XCD35

I am using this phone for one month.I am not experiencing any issues mentioned here.I used this without giving rest(played games,browsing,calling; all with gps on.).I started this procedure after full charging and the phone swicthed off after 7 and half hours.please post your replies after reading this.I bought this phone from warrangal(spice dealer),not from saholic.

tosh79 said:
Well its seems like the reboot & black camera issue is specific to CSL Gingerbread 2.3:huh:, as i bought this phone a fortnight ago and completely enjoying my purchase without any major issues (Iam on stock Rom), Yes there are some minor niggles but nothing that makes me feel guilty:).. and i have learn t to leave with it,

other than that i am completely satisfied with my decision to purchase spice mi4110 instead of Moto Def..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Do not worry this might be a one instance, This could happen even to the best of Phones some time... My friend has an samsung Galaxy s and even he faces this kind of issue some times,

Its Not A Gingerbread Issue, I Have Experienced This On Stock Firmware Too. Its A Hardware Fault.

Back