Split Air Conditioner under 15K (Not 1 penny more i.e 15K is max)

niru12345

Disciple
Hi Dear Techies,

I need advice on buying a split air conditioner 0.8-1 ton capacity with EER > 2, The lowest trustworthy brand that i can go for is videocon as i have a videocon LCD TV at my home it just does what is required. I can go for any new brand apart from the usual common ones (eg LLoyd etc).

My basic requirements:-

1) Beat the heat of this scorching mumbai summer which will start soon.

2) Will be using a/c for about 4-5 hrs max daily which includes 2-3 hrs at night time. And 5-6 hrs on weekends.

3) My electricity bill comes in the range of 1.1-1.4 K/ month, so this can be augmented by around 500 Rs for the AC consumption but not more than that.

4) Good After Service support.

5) No advanced features required. Just basic stuff like auto sleep mode, directional flow & bacteria filter (whatever it is called).

Let me know if anything more is needed for the suggestion. I am a intermediate level knowledgeable person in matters of AC. I was able to figure out my room would require a 0.8-1 ton AC, 5-star AC is not needed as my daily use on average would be very less and all other basic stuff.

So Feel free to pour in your suggestiions on this.

Regards,

Niranjan

you can go for Panasonic Cube which is split AC or you can go for window AC for 15k

and if you find split AC > 2 star at 15k plz share the details as many people here would love to get that
<

Dont take cube, It looks awakword & makes lotsa noise at high speed. It will be like a fan.

Grab Voltas Or LG range in Split, Have seen few of them selling for 21k range.

Cube is cheapest around 18k but too much noise & throws air only straight, No fins like other big splits.

Friend took Voltas Elite model 1 ton with free install & free stabilizer for 21500 Rs.

Excellent AC

Do we get Air Conditioners @ that price???, Symphony sells Storm Air cooler for that Price.

Really?? What if i increase my budget to 20K ?

you can go for Panasonic Cube which is split AC or you can go for window AC for 15k

and if you find split AC > 2 star at 15k plz share the details as many people here would love to get that
<

No yaar... Cube is not good.. in 20 K what can i get ??

Dont take cube, It looks awakword & makes lotsa noise at high speed. It will be like a fan.

Grab Voltas Or LG range in Split, Have seen few of them selling for 21k range.

Cube is cheapest around 18k but too much noise & throws air only straight, No fins like other big splits.

Friend took Voltas Elite model 1 ton with free install & free stabilizer for 21500 Rs.

Excellent AC

How is voltas 's after service ??

At your budget, I think you'll only get Koryo or those brands.

Which brand should i trust for 20K & 2-3 Star A/C

niru12345 said:
Really?? What if i increase my budget to 20K ?

I'm using a Panasonic Cube 1.2T unit for almost a year now and although it makes some noise owing to the axial fan instead of the centrifugal ones usually used in the indoor units of split systems, the noise is evident only in the higher fan speed mode. The normal mode does not make much noise. The units are assembled in Malaysia and costed me 16k back then. It is a 2 star rated unit so not the best in terms of efficiency but cooling is pretty good.

For your budget I can recommend the Croma 1.5 tonne window AC with 3 star rating. I got it a year back for 16999. Its a Voltas AC rebranded as Croma as Tata owns both brands. The cooling is very good. The noise isn't much compared to the other 1.5 tonne Samsung AC we have. The best thing about this ac apart from its price and cooling is the excellent customer service croma offers. They called me every 60 days to remind me about the pending service and cleaned and checked the unit.

When I checked our Onida A/C compressor it is matsushita brand. Cooling wise its good but comfort wise its bad. We have Career Estrella for the past 4+ years its simply superb and nice comfort. The highest fan speed noise in Career is less than the 1st speed noise of Onida. Onida A/C is ideal for shopping complex and super markets for the long throw and bone chilling cooling which is no where near to the comfort.

Back