static energy in body - what to do?

salluks

Adept
I seem to have a lot of static energy in my body, i get "shocks" atleast twice everyday, this happens most of the times when i sit for few hours and suddenly touch anything, including people(rarely tough).

Does anyone else have this?

I got one today which was pretty strong, am getting worried now!!

^^^Yes..it happened with me too...whenever I touched door knob or handle or shake hands with someone, I used to get shock....but now a days this is gone for good...touchwood...the shock was so intense that i used to fear to touch a door knob or handle...anyways don't worry...it will go away soon...and this happens mainly in winter season as weather is dry...it would be okay in rainy and summer season...

lol happens to me too!! its fun!! sometimes people get a shock from me! its due to the winter .

i too used have that, but only when i had a desktop.

to get into & out of car, i never touched the metal part :p

when closing door from outside i would push the glass window for that. lol

now with laptop, i havent got static shocked on a car for a long time.

axeman said:
just discharge regularly, that will help.

Uh, that sounds a bit weird mate. ;)
On topic - Happens a lot during winter when the dry air build ups some charge around you. Avoid wearing clothes made out of synthetic plastics, especially found in track suits. If there is any carpeting in your house, try not to drag your feet on it when you walk.

happens with everyone :)

I tried two things .. to discharge

1) when ever i get up from a fiber chair .. touch ground once

2) carry a key with u touch anything metallic with key first and then your hand

Hope it helps.

Also if you are experiencing more static than rest check few things like shoes, clothes etc ... for me the culprit was shoes .. once i changed them there was a drastic reduction in number of static discharges daily :)

drink plenty of water, above ur normal intake, helps in my case. you can substitute water with other water based liquids too.

you are saying that it happens wen you are sitting for long...

the old experiment of sitting in plastic chair and generating static charge with other person hitting (rubbing) towel on the chair...

sound similar..

you can either remove your shoes (which might be insulating yourself from ground) while sitting so that you discharge regularly with direct contact with flooring.

OR change your chair to a wooden one.

axeman said:
just discharge regularly, that will help.

But he has a BIG gun :O

Party Monger said:
ummm, just dont pee on a metal surface..
Reminds me of this story of some guy's 6 yr old kid doing that..but the kid was aiming at a wall power socket.

amigoatul said:
I guess its time u stopped wearing satin undergarments!!!! No wonder ur electrocuting urself n others arnd u......
Excellent :rofl:

errr...

why are people acting so weird about the discharge thing ??

do not related it to the anatomy... charge-discharge can also be related to basic electronic/electrical charge :|

Dark Messiah said:
happens with everyone :)

I tried two things .. to discharge

1) when ever i get up from a fiber chair .. touch ground once

2) carry a key with u touch anything metallic with key first and then your hand

Hope it helps.

Also if you are experiencing more static than rest check few things like shoes, clothes etc ... for me the culprit was shoes .. once i changed them there was a drastic reduction in number of static discharges daily :)

I can vouch for option 2. Every winter is hell for me.

axeman said:
drink plenty of water, above ur normal intake, helps in my case. you can substitute water with other water based liquids too.

This works as well.

Another option is buying a humidifier.

Last but not least, if you are walking with a friend, very discretely step back when a door has to be opened or a button has to be pressed.:ashamed:

Back