Suggest Washing Machine - Fully Automatic - Top Loading

Getting underside pic looks difficult for now.
Oh, I thought you had not taken delivery yet.

There are two screws at the back. If you loosen them, you can slide the top off and take a pic like that of the tub.
I can't see any side waterfall effect when the wash cycle is in operation. Even when i ran a drum clean mode with full water level i didn't any such side waterfall. I think LG is just lying. It must have been there in some old model but not there in the 2023 model.
They have not updated their website to reflect the reduction of features. I trust the features list. If it says it's there then I expect it to be so. So the website isn't 100%. This is an issue as it can result in the wrong buying decision.
That diagram is completely misleading imo. It shows two lint filters when the machine has only 1. Water has to come out from lint filter cavity but i doubt it can be considered as part of waterfall. That entire plastic panel has just 2 holes - one hole for lint in water to get filtered and a tiny slit above the lint filter. There are no other holes in the plastic panel on side for water to come out. I think their genius graphics artist just photo shopped the mirror of lint filter side to make it look like water falling from all sides. Extremely misleading information. Wonder if i can complain to some government body about such misleading marketing information.
The image comes from LG's East Africa website. I did not know what side waterfall meant and it is not shown on the India website but then its listed in the features set.
Edit: My old samsung had another cavity in top of the drum where water would come. Even the lint filter was bigger in it. It had all the features it advertised unlike the baseless claims like LG. I now know why people all over the world say to stay away from LG. Even their refrigerators are just basic devices with tall claims. Had a 2 door one and it was overpriced for what it did imo. Just like their washing machines. All overpriced devices. I won't buy any LG device again.
Buy a higher end LG and you'll be better off. The washer I got is the best Rs.31k I spent. The 471L fridge has been without issue as well. My V20 phone after over five years is still going fine. Too bad LG exited the phone market.

Last edited:
Buy a higher end LG and you'll be better off.
That is what companies always want us to do right? Spend money needlessly on their higher range products since they cant do anything new. They divide features amongst 10-12 different products and keep price difference of around a few thousand so that a customer is never satisfied with what he got. What features did you get in your expensive washing machine that cannot be put in a lower priced machine? Is AI and mobile app required for washing clothes? More added stuff means more points of failure imo. I want a washing machine to just wash clothes only, not connect to internet and what not.

That is what companies always want us to do right? Spend money needlessly on their higher range products since they cant do anything new.
After your experience without a top water jet, I would not say paying more to get it is needless. It's essential. If you spring some more you can get a model with direct drive and 6 motion and get better wash quality. So nothing is needless here. You are getting what you pay for.
They divide features amongst 10-12 different products and keep price difference of around a few thousand so that a customer is never satisfied with what he got.
You did not give yourself enough time to choose. Brands make products to fit as wide a budget range as possible. That is why so many models with a few features minused here and there. It is up to the buyer to choose whether they can do without features. My view is it's better to have them and not need them than the other way around. Because it's hard to figure these things out.
What features did you get in your expensive washing machine that cannot be put in a lower priced machine? Is AI and mobile app required for washing clothes? More added stuff means more points of failure imo. I want a washing machine to just wash clothes only, not connect to internet and what not.
My front loader is not expensive, it's a base model. Size for one. The sales guy kept pushing the smaller volume model and after some thought, I decided against it. I built models out of cardboard that fit the dimensions of the two drums. Then filled them with laundry and really understood how small and hence useless the smaller one was. But the smaller one was over 5k cheaper and is the main reason salespeople push them. They don't care about your reqs but rather better chances at a sale. Paying more for the larger drum was the right decision and the reason I've always advocated for larger volume LG front loaders. You said the same thing about top loaders. Well, a bigger size costs more and you can see it's not a needless feature.

The app is not required but the reason I recommend the AI machine (non-wifi) is it has a better interface than the base model currently out. Compare them yourself and you find all settings at a glance instead of some hidden. I don't have this problem with my machine. Everything is laid out logically and is easily visible.

The AI features reduce the wash time from the feedback I got from the two owners so far. And it's not LG's top-end model which I don't see any reason to get and these days all come with tinted front doors which I consider a negative. The downside is the touchscreens which all front loaders have these days tend to pack up within 5 years in humid weather. Not as durable as buttons.

You want a washing machine that performs its basic purpose. It's clear your model does not without extra effort and had you listened you'd have got an 8kg with a jetspray and been more satisfied.

Why does it cost more? It's a front loader and LG builds their machines better than Samsung. This is borne out by repairmen.

What Samsung does better is industrial design (looks nicer) and throw in more features. You get features in a Samsung that are not available in similar priced LG's. Whether you need them is up to you.

Last edited:
I bought this LG last year.. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09GKTVRSB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
After carefully comparing between many brands/models for 3 months and my decision paid off very well for my family.

Its a manintenance free model toucwood! No sisues whatsoever and breeze to operate and wash quality is a1.
It's got jetspray. Smaller tub which could have been avoided. But it's got jetspray. It's only saving grace at this low price

Is this stand OK for my 3m old IFB wm ?
Service guy quoted 1900 for a stand at the time of installation, refused, also he didn't have it handy so don't know its quality / design.

You don't need a stand
That is what I thought initially but as the machine is installed in the bathroom, a stand is required so as to reach and clean the floor underneath and behind / side of the machine.

Last edited:
That is what I thought initially but as the machine is installed in the bathroom, a stand is required so as to reach and clean the floor underneath and behind / side of the machine.
Ideally, you dont need any stand, but when you keep the WM in places like bathroom or kitchen wash area, cleaning that part of the floor is not possible, and also, the lower part of the WM will always be wet, this causes rusting in long run. So, yeah , do get the stand, and the linked one is fine. I got the similar one locally for around INR 1300.
Also, when you keep WM in such wet areas, it tends to move/skid when dryer in running, so, make sure you properly lock it.

Back