Car & Bike Suggestions for a New Bike

vheezay said:
Lolzz.... P135 looks fantastic... have to ride it and see... But will not fall into the trap of pulsars.... IMO best looking bike is FZ-S pity it dosent give a mileage of 50...How abt apache 160 ???? how is A.S.S of tvs, mileage etc... any opinions ???? i think it might go beyond my budget...:( :p

The new FZ series bikes (with new color schemes and kick start) come with a different carb with reduced torque of 13.6 Nm from 14 Nm. This is said to have improve the FE though I doubt you would still get 50 from FZ/Fazer, 40-45 is max you could expect from normal riding conditions on this bike, mainly due to the 140mm rear tire.

My friend owns an Apache 160. Overall a good bike apart from vibes at certain speeds. Mileage he gets around 45-50.

3k more only for a different visor and dual tone colors???? surely there must be sumthing else....
Btw am not going to go for the FZ-S also as it dosent give a mileage of 50...so that leaves me with dazzler and sz-r.....Wonder how much mileage does the Hunk/CBZ Gives....

Any idea how is the Yamaha ss125 (gladiator).. :)

Yamaha ss125 gladiator is a good bike but I feel its way too over priced just like the Honda Stunner 125. I would avoid the Yamaha SZ series - the bike isn't worth the money when it comes to both mileage and performance or even the kit provided as standard by Yamaha. I would rather go for the Hero Honda Hunk or CBZ if you are not too keen on the Pulsar 135. The reason the Pulsar 135 is a good option should you choose it is for the complete package that it offers. The other thing I have come to understand is that the Pulsar 135 and 200 are so good because they are the ones sold in large volumes abroad hence the build quality and fit and finish are top notch.The TVS Apache doesn't come with very good after sales support. What about the Suzuki GS150r? I have done test rides of all the bikes mentioned by you as I wanted to buy a bike in August this year. I was set on the SZ-X and was skeptical on the Pulsar thanks to ding-bats and fan boys in our forums(I don't know much about bikes as I never owned one) but at the last moment decided to test ride the Pulsar 135 and saw that it was the best bike of the lot I tested. Use facts and find out for yourself what is good and what suits you best.

Just check this out - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/709473-post1506.html (this has been posted by me and the bike in the picture is my bike)

These are the modifications done by me in my bike -

[1] NGK Iridium IX spark plugs to replace the factory fitted BOSCH spark plugs (Total Cost Rs.1100 - PlanestDSG's website)

[2] Engine guard, belly pan - TVS Apache (Total Cost Rs.500)

[3] 2 Services (one paid at Castrol bike zone and one obligatory free Bajaj service)

[4] Engine oil changed at 1500 KM - Castrol Activ Extra 20w50

The bike now simply flies! The P135 is an easy bike to modify and work with.

vheezay said:
3k more only for a different visor and dual tone colors???? surely there must be sumthing else....

Btw am not going to go for the FZ-S also as it dosent give a mileage of 50...so that leaves me with dazzler and sz-r.....Wonder how much mileage does the Hunk/CBZ Gives....

50kmpl is not a realistic figure from a 150cc bike. Unicorn may be closer.

calculate on Full Tank- Full Tank basis and you would know.

I have seen people calculate by looking at the fuel guage reading and I would rather not believe 50kmpl on the basis of that.

cbz-x and hunk return 40kmpl on an average.

Lolzz...Seems there are lots of temnpters here..Sunny dude, lagta hai tu mujhse pulsar kharidwake hi rahega.:). itna brainwash kar raha hai !!!
Man , selecting a bike is so difficult....

^^ Do take a test ride of pulsar 135, you will be surprised, also its design is not that common when compared to pulsar150,180,200 etc...

More and more pulsar-maniacs are entering the thread !!! :p.... as someone said u'll TD all the bikes but will finally settle for the pulsar in the end.. i dont wanna fall into this trap !!....sure i'll TD the baby pulsar.... :p:p:p

Iss baar Honda ya yamaha jeetega !!! lolzzz..

vheezay said:

I own a Hunk and it return about 48-52 in normal riding condition.

Should be same with CBZ i guess as both have same engine specs with CBZ a bit lighter.

vheezay said:
More and more pulsar-maniacs are entering the thread !!! :p.... as someone said u'll TD all the bikes but will finally settle for the pulsar in the end.. i dont wanna fall into this trap !!....sure i'll TD the baby pulsar.... :p:p:p

Iss baar Honda ya yamaha jeetega !!! lolzzz..

Don't fall prey to pulsar.

The pickup and power is good but shitty engine quality and you have to replace spares frequently.

Honda/Yamaha is better any day :thumb:
madnav said:
50kmpl is not a realistic figure from a 150cc bike. Unicorn may be closer.

calculate on Full Tank- Full Tank basis and you would know.

I have seen people calculate by looking at the fuel guage reading and I would rather not believe 50kmpl on the basis of that.

cbz-x and hunk return 40kmpl on an average.

I do not know how and where you drive.

I get an average of 48-52.

booked a Honda CBR 250R toady ABS version, final cost is coming to 1,98,832/- I have opted for the HDFC loan where i will be making a down payment of Rs 63,200 and interest will be 11.11% with 1.5% as the processing fee. Per month EMI is Rs 6218 for 29 months. Any input guys ?

One more thing for how much shall i sell my 2004 ZMR ? properly maintained.

@rishabh : Plz post ur query in a sepearte thread.... no offences meant !!! :).....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

New choices considered are
1) honda Unicorn Dazzler
2) Honda Unicorn - Love the naked look
3) Hero Honda hunk :- That logo on the side cowl looks fab
4) Apache RTR 160 - Black one looks swell... need to know the a.s.s

Dumping FZ-S, P150/P135 LS/YAMAHA SZ variants....
Will go for booking this saturday...After Manutd thrash Loserpool.. always gives me more energy !!!! :p:p
Will update u guyzz... thanks a lot guys !!!

Ok Guyz...Finally the moment has arrived...
Went to the Honda, Yamaha and Bajaj Showrooms today...
Unicorn has a min waiting of 5 mnths -- Cancelled outta ma list
Dazzler - Production has stopped as its mileage is pathetic and honda is modifying the bike...
CB Twister - OTR 61K - Diwali Discount - 59k
Freebies include :-1) Helmet -- WORTH 1150
2)Teflon Coating
3) Garage Cover
4) Buzzer
5) Grip Cover
6) Seat Cover

Yamaha FZ-S -- 80.7K OTR...Plus the dealer was so rude....
Cancelled out the SZ-X/SZ-R as i didnt like them.. wanted to TD the ss125 but bike was not available..
Thne i did the unthinkable... entered the Lion's Den ( Pulsar Showroom) and enquired abt the P135....
TD the bike and the sound was diff....

So now Choices left are CB Twister ( 1st choice) and P135....
Guyz plz let me know ur opinions as i'm gonna book the bike tomm ....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guyz....need your opinion on this one... i know i'e dragged you guyz so farbut plz help me in the final hurdle....

You went to one showroom for each company? Omg where are you from? Call up/visit multiple showrooms and accordingly decide as some of them don't have particular bikes while others can have a 100 ~ 2k price difference in bike pricing. And you dropped the FZs just cause you didn't like the dealer wow :rofl:

Between the two -
The Twister looks great, gives excellent mileage but is extremely underpowered. Try crossing 60 and you'll understand, whats worse is that they're trying to sell that for 59k? I personally would never pay that much for a bike with ok-ok looks and a coffee cup sized engine. //although you should get your desire 50+ mileage from that :p

As for the P135. I have the older XCD135 and while I'm aware that the P135 has revised design, better engine and parts, I would NEVER EVER suggest a Bajaj again considering how badly my bike is falling apart right now. Right from the tail lights to the rear brakes to the electronics .... quality is PATHETIC. Ofcourse I love my bike as its my first one, I've made a mental note to not suggest Bajaj bikes to anyone until Bajaj introduces a new generation of bikes.

Pulsar 135 any day! The Pulsar 135 out performs the Yamaha FZ. For all the people questioning the build quality of Pulsars - Get your bike serviced once every month for atleast Rs.100 you will put the build quality issues to rest. Also since this is my first ever bike (Pulsar 135) I did a lot of research myself before getting it and from what I know now - The Pulsar 135 and Pulsar 200 are sold as Kawasaki Rouser 135/200 abroad and these bikes are selling like hot cakes! So if something that's doing well abroad will definitely have good build quality when sold in India.

Get the Pulsar 135, its performance is on par with other 150cc bikes, regarding reliability issues: service your bike at regular intervals as mentioned on your bike's manual and you wont face any issues :)

see finally i too fell prey to the pulsar... confused between twister and pulsar 135....
59k for a 110cc sounds oevrpriced dosent it ???? add 6k more and u'll get the p135 but with no goodies.... :)

@arsenal fan :- Yes, sir one part of my head says twister the other says p135.....

what abt the maintanance and A.S.S ????

Back