CPU/Mobo Suugest an AMD MObo PLs..

Joel Toms

Disciple
Am looking for an AMD mobo with at least 2 pciex slots.. for crossfire.. and sata 6gbps and usb 3.0
If possible i want one IDE port too... have a combo drive that i dont wanna lose..
Newegg.com - ASRock 880G EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
saw tis one on nEwegg.. likeed it coz of the esata 3 support..
wanna know if esata 3 is really that necessary and if so whether this board is available in India and where???
any idea if Jetway is there in INDIA???
Newegg.com - JetWay HUMMER JHA-09-LF AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
liked this one too...
can someone please concisely tell warranty policy for gigabyte , asus , msi please....

Hi!

I suggest you go for the MSI 890GXM-G65 - MSI Global

this board has all that you want and it retails for 7000rs. along with 3 years of warranty.

Whats the budget... Those two you mentioned are poor mans mobos. Cheaper than ASUS Giga & MSI.. Jetway is really difficult...

Better stick with the big three unless budget is a constraint....

among the big three which has the best warranty policy??

I think i will go for the giga board in post 3 ??

Budget is indeed a big constarint .. i can hardly go over 7000 rs..

Jetway fits quite nicely..

How is Biostar .. Any suggestions???

Joel Toms said:
among the big three which has the best warranty policy??

I think i will go for the giga board in post 3 ??

Budget is indeed a big constarint .. i can hardly go over 7000 rs..

Jetway fits quite nicely..
How is Biostar .. Any suggestions???
Gigabyte> MSI >> Asus --> In terms of service in India.
Biostar mobos are decent enough for the price they sell for.

Ur best bet is the MSI 890GXM-G65.
It does have five SATA 6Gbps ports. Check the specs properly. SATAIII--> 6Gbps speeds. SATAII--> 3Gbps speeds.
MSI Global

I guess thats the cheapest 890GX mobo in India that satisfies all ur requirements.

I got myself a MSI 890GXM-G65 about 10 days back for SATA benching. Its sitting there idle. Lemme know if interested.

Though i would say that it has 2 drawbacks:

1. Only one fan header for system fan connections.

2. Thermal sensor not detected in Everest Ultimate Edition, so was not able to check the motherboard temps.

Joel- what is your budget?
And i will suggest you avoid cheap motherboards, especially as you want a CF setup.

If you are absolutely sure of having a crossfire setup, you should look at the 890GX (dual x8) or 890FX (dual x16) offerings and preferably from the top manufacturers.
Here is one that seems to have good feedback from users-
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
DarkAngel said:
Gigabyte> MSI >> Asus --> In terms of service in India.
Did you experience it that way, personally?
Gigabyte has been very good with it's RMA service.
And ASUS RMA had been quite rocky earlier but they have been constantly improving since the past one year is what i have heard, esp since the launch of the P45 motherboards.
But MSI>>ASUS?? That i am not sure at all.
In fact i am not even sure if that many people on forums, esp well-informed members, had an MSI mobo to begin with.

pegasus said:
Joel- what is your budget?

And i will suggest you avoid cheap motherboards, especially as you want a CF setup.

If you are absolutely sure of having a crossfire setup, you should look at the 890GX (dual x8) or 890FX (dual x16) offerings and preferably from the top manufacturers.

Here is one that seems to have good feedback from users-

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Did you experience it that way, personally?

Gigabyte has been very good with it's RMA service.

And ASUS RMA had been quite rocky earlier but they have been constantly improving since the past one year is what i have heard, esp since the launch of the P45 motherboards.

But MSI>>ASUS?? That i am not sure at all.

In fact i am not even sure if that many people on forums, esp well-informed members, had an MSI mobo to begin with.
Only forum feedback. General consensus is Giga mobo service is very good(i think digilink handles it), MSI is good enough(Tirupati has decent A.S.S for most of the products they handle) and Rashi is disappointing.

The is the feedback i was able to get the forum members by the various threads in which they write about the problems that they face when RMAing various brands.

WD RMA was decent last year but has too many issues now. Similarly Rashi may be improving. It may vary depending on the place too.

I agree that Gigabyte and Asus are among the top tier in motherboard manufacturing. That MSI service >> Asus was to imply Rashi service has been poor. Once they start to deliver good service then +ve repo will build in the forums.

But it will take longer as they have a bad record and will take sometime and very good service to win back informed ppl.

DarkAngel said:
Only forum feedback.

MSI is good enough(Tirupati has decent A.S.S for most of the products they handle)

I have heard quite a few horror stories on Tirupati past couple of years.

Sending faulty/dead gfx cards in rma again and again till warranty was over.

Denial to rma boards, esp Abit.

etc etc

In fact i have even heard that MSI has dissociated itself from Tirupati's services now- not sure though.

DarkAngel said:
The is the feedback i was able to get the forum members by the various threads in which they write about the problems that they face when RMAing various brands.

DarkAngel said:
I agree that Gigabyte and Asus are among the top tier in motherboard manufacturing.

That MSI service >> Asus was to imply Rashi service has been poor. Once they start to deliver good service then +ve repo will build in the forums.

We shouldn't give an example of something not known to us properly.

It's like you saying Palit>>XFX; Rashi rma service is bad and i haven't tried Palit so i rate it higher.

Such general/vague statements are also a disservice to the community. :)

DarkAngel said:
But it will take longer as they have a bad record and will take sometime and very good service to win back informed ppl.

Let's say the wheels are already in motion and i hope we all see the results very soon.

All of us expect nothing less than something better than the best. :)

Nothing is better for us than the top guys competing for the #1 spot- be it quality, pricing or service.

If you do speak to some people who had P45 mobos bought last year, some did get instant replacement as declared and many others did get prompt service too.

Here is an old post i had stumbled across while browsing this place that mentions something similar-

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/which-9800gt-to-buy-149422-2.html#post1286703

JayMathers said:
I got myself a MSI 890GXM-G65 about 10 days back for SATA benching. Its sitting there idle. Lemme know if interested.

2. Thermal sensor not detected in Everest Ultimate Edition, so was not able to check the motherboard temps.
Hmm, Everest detects the same MOBo temp on my PC..

What do u mean by only ONE fan header ?

@TC

Your best bet will be MSI 890GXM-G65 like others say, forget everything else!

The only drawback I see: m-ATX.

JayMathers said:

You have to update Everest to detect the temps. I am using the same board. Rock solid. I would recommend you to go for this board.

@pranut - one fan header means - Other than the CPU Fan Only one additonal fan can be connected to the board, if you have extra fans on ur cabby you will have to use the PSU connectors for it

pegasus said:
I have heard quite a few horror stories on Tirupati past couple of years.

Sending faulty/dead gfx cards in rma again and again till warranty was over.

Denial to rma boards, esp Abit.

etc etc

In fact i have even heard that MSI has dissociated itself from Tirupati's services now- not sure though.

We shouldn't give an example of something not known to us properly.

It's like you saying Palit>>XFX; Rashi rma service is bad and i haven't tried Palit so i rate it higher.

Such general/vague statements are also a disservice to the community. :)

Let's say the wheels are already in motion and i hope we all see the results very soon.

All of us expect nothing less than something better than the best. :)

Nothing is better for us than the top guys competing for the #1 spot- be it quality, pricing or service.

If you do speak to some people who had P45 mobos bought last year, some did get instant replacement as declared and many others did get prompt service too.

Here is an old post i had stumbled across while browsing this place that mentions something similar-

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/which-9800gt-to-buy-149422-2.html#post1286703
Well Abit has in fact exited from mobo business. So i didnt take it into account.

I have seen more poor 'Rashi service' feedbacks than about Tirupati in the forum.According to feedbacks in d forum Rashi service is decent in certain places and simply unacceptable at other.

I have written comments based on whatever i have come on the forum. Its not vague stmt based on a single case, but overall +ve/-ve feedback motherboard A.S.S. has.

One doesn't have to own a brand/ goto service center and have a bad experience to comment on it. Smarter ppl learn not only their bad experiences but from other too.

If u think Asus service by Rashi is great and MSI service by Tirupati is the worst then be it. I dont share the same thought.

IINM MSI RMA is also handled by Digilink and Neoteric too(same companies which handles Giga). So the service for MSI is in better hands than Asus IMHO.

Personally i would suggest only Gigabyte mobos. Never seen a major thread in the forum criticizing their mobo quality/ service. 'According to me the the best product is one that doesnt need an RMA during its lifecycle'.

But i would any day suggest a MSI mobo or even a Biostar mobo over Asus in case there is no Gigabyte mobos available at one's place or doesn't fit the needs of someone.

Digilink handles both MSI and Gigabyte RMA. I have experienced both and I can vouch for MSI anyday. I would've opted for the MSI 890GX if I had the extra dough. Anyone who needs MSI's details can look up my post in the Hardware RMA contact list which is a sticky.

pranut said:
Hmm, Everest detects the same MOBo temp on my PC..

What do u mean by only ONE fan header ?

@TC

Your best bet will be MSI 890GXM-G65 like others say, forget everything else!

The only drawback I see: m-ATX.
The board only has a single expansion fan header, try searching for more on your board apart from the CPU_FAN pin + 1 FAN pin near the south bridge. and yeah the m-atx form factor is a BAD mistake contributes to lesser Breathing space and thereby higher component temperatures.

I have had no issues with the RMA service of MSI in Bangalore Digilink replaced my fried MSI HD 5770 for a HAWK 5770 :)

DarkAngel said:
Well Abit has in fact exited from mobo business. So i didnt take it into account.
I have seen more poor 'Rashi service' feedbacks than about Tirupati in the forum.According to feedbacks in d forum Rashi service is decent in certain places and simply unacceptable at other.
I have written comments based on whatever i have come on the forum. Its not vague stmt based on a single case, but overall +ve/-ve feedback motherboard A.S.S. has.

One doesn't have to own a brand/ goto service center and have a bad experience to comment on it. Smarter ppl learn not only their bad experiences but from other too.
If u think Asus service by Rashi is great and MSI service by Tirupati is the worst then be it. I dont share the same thought.

IINM MSI RMA is also handled by Digilink and Neoteric too(same companies which handles Giga). So the service for MSI is in better hands than Asus IMHO.

Personally i would suggest only Gigabyte mobos. Never seen a major thread in the forum criticizing their mobo quality/ service. 'According to me the the best product is one that doesnt need an RMA during its lifecycle'.

But i would any day suggest a MSI mobo or even a Biostar mobo over Asus in case there is no Gigabyte mobos available at one's place or doesn't fit the needs of someone.
I cannot disagree with most of what you say. :)
And the part in bold is the one where i wholeheartedly stand with you (though there are some hindrances/exceptions to that, especially in our part of the world)
But there are some assumptions on your part which don't seem to suit someone with your level of intellect.
And the part that i beg to disagree is the point of the no. of threads (and the Biostar suggestion, especially when you believe in good quality that doesn't fail and great service if need be ever.)
Most people don't post if they have a pleasant experience, even if out of the ordinary (taken for granted) but many will promptly start a hate thread with the choicest words in case of any issue.
There is no doubt that a lot of people have suffered greatly at one point of time, especially considering the number of ASUS users then.
That's why there have been so many Rashi hate threads, especially here but seems like it's these older issues that keep getting raked up again and again.
Plus it seems that anytime anyone had an issue with Jetway/XFX/Rashi, it ends up dragging ASUS too. :lol:
I will try to locate some recent threads but need some help from everyone.
Even when asked for by a member, this thread wasn't updated by other members>
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/asus-r-d-team-visiting-chennai-166934-3.html
But start a new thread on Rashi and the same people there or in the older threads may post again something they experienced years back.
That is the only reason, why earlier too i said some statements are general/vague.
A good, knowledgeable and sensible user provides feedback, negative and/or positive; a disgruntled noob/spiteful person brand bashes.

p.s. Joel+mods: sorry for the O/T. :ashamed:

pegasus said:
I cannot disagree with most of what you say. :)

And the part in bold is the one where i wholeheartedly stand with you (though there are some hindrances/exceptions to that, especially in our part of the world)

But there are some assumptions on your part which don't seem to suit someone with your level of intellect.

And the part that i beg to disagree is the point of the no. of threads (and the Biostar suggestion, especially when you believe in good quality that doesn't fail and great service if need be ever.)

Most people don't post if they have a pleasant experience, even if out of the ordinary (taken for granted) but many will promptly start a hate thread with the choicest words in case of any issue.

There is no doubt that a lot of people have suffered greatly at one point of time, especially considering the number of ASUS users then.

That's why there have been so many Rashi hate threads, especially here but seems like it's these older issues that keep getting raked up again and again.

Plus it seems that anytime anyone had an issue with Jetway/XFX/Rashi, it ends up dragging ASUS too. :lol:

I will try to locate some recent threads but need some help from everyone.

Even when asked for by a member, this thread wasn't updated by other members>

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/asus-r-d-team-visiting-chennai-166934-3.html

But start a new thread on Rashi and the same people there or in the older threads may post again something they experienced years back.

That is the only reason, why earlier too i said some statements are general/vague.

A good, knowledgeable and sensible user provides feedback, negative and/or positive; a disgruntled noob/spiteful person brand bashes.

p.s. Joel+mods: sorry for the O/T. :ashamed:
Biostar one i mentioned was for ppl looking for VFM. They have few lots of VFM mobos on budget. Even though they are 2nd tier company not too many -ve reviews about the mobos in the forums yet and i usually recommend those for ppl on budget.

For eg., if some one wants an AM3 DDRIII board with HT 3.0 for ~2.5k then Biostar is the only decent mobo manufacturer with sizable footprint in most places in India to have such a mobo.

Biostar A780L3

It needs lots of patience and time to dig up older threads about a particular brand service. My opinions were based upon going through most relevant H/W related threads in TE in the past ~1.5 yrs.

Anyways enough OT in this thread already. MSI 890GXM-G65 is the only mobo that satisfies OP's all the reqs and he cant get Giga 890GX boards for <9.5k. So its his only option for now.

@OP: Whats ur PC specs and what card do u intend to CrossFire?

^People have had their share of Biostar woes here- be it sudden demise or rma issues- hence we prefer not suggesting them to anyone anymore.

It has been a pleasure participating in this discussion with you- Please do not let it affect you in anyway.

Indian forums need more sensible members like you. :)

Joel- please mention the full specs of your upcoming rig as planned by you.

Part information may only get you partly corrrect replies. :)

pegasus said:
^It has been a pleasure participating in this discussion with you- Please do not let it affect you in anyway.

Indian forums need more sensible members like you. :)

Joel- please mention the full specs of you upcoming rig as planned by you.

Part information will only get you partly corrrect replies. :)
:) Good discussions are always welcome as knowledge sharing improves. Good to know Asus have started to improve A.S.S now-a-days.

But still a long way before i recommend Asus over Gigabyte to some one.

DarkAngel said:
:) Good discussions are always welcome as knowledge sharing improves. Good to know Asus have started to improve A.S.S now-a-days.

But still a long way before i recommend Asus over Gigabyte to some one.

One last doubt. :ashamed:

So do you think service is maybe the main issue that may be holding back users from looking at ASUS offerings, especially midrange and high-end motherboards?

Back