Tally : Question on licensing and cost

mod-the-pc

Disciple
My brother wants to have tally installed for his business so that he can file taxes electronically. A vendor has quoted Rs. 12000 for the installation. I've a few questions

1. What is the version of Tally that he should get to be able to e-file taxes for his business ?

2. How can he verify that the software installed is authentic and not pirated ?

3. Is Rs. 12000 okay if he is getting a licensed version ? Or is it possible to get it at a lower price ?

@ballistic, It is for single user.
@bond_212, the site you've mentioned says that the price is $495. When converted to Indian rupee it is around twenty three thousand.
Also is the installation as simple as clicking next, next ?

I prefer to get it through a vendor who'll do the installation since my brother is not familiar with computers. Any ways to verify if the software installed is authentic and not pirated ?

hey i m doing articleship in ca firm. As far as i know u cant use tally for filing income tax return and its difficult to prepare Vat / TDS return using tally. Need training for that.

As far as cost is concerned directly contact the company n they do the installation for free.

I got it for around the same ~10500

Installation is not a big issue but the licence is registered online through a complex procedure.

VAT/TDS/EXCISE are all built in features

One needs to keep the system up to date, though, and in the correct way for generating vat challans.

The system auto generates these challans as per the Purchase and Sales transactions made in the database, therefore accurate sales and purchase data is essential.

I got Tally 9. Tally 9.2 is now available (i think)

Back