Car & Bike TATA 1 Lakh Car Scoop (images)

Hmmm...then donate it to me! Ill put up your photo in front of the streeing wheel and pray to you evry time i want to take a drive!

Nikhil said:
lol...this car isnt meant for people like you :p

It is for families who earlier had a 2-wheeler and used to cram the whole family on them very dangerously.

It's a simple fact. If you are reading this thread, most likely, you wont be interested. You are probably well off enough to own a decent car like Santro/Wagon R Zen Estilo or something.

Nananana..u got me wrong there...:p I never thought of it as inferior...infact, i meant to say tht owning a bike was far more economical and good for the already terrible traffic and parking problem in the big cities. Plus, u'd prolly evn enjoy the bikes more..:p(I wud..:p ) But yeah, i agree, for small families who cannot be accomodated on a bike, this is a good option..infact, too good an option..and it will eventually lead to more parking problems in the cities..:no:
It is for those people who cant afford a computer and a broadband connection that this car is aimed for.

Most people on the net ridicule this car. That is being snobby. This car isnt meant for most people connected to the net.

Not necessarily..it can also be an ideal first car for the just out of teens college kids who usually love to flaunt their flashy mobiles and gizmos...A little persuasion (to dads) is all it takes and they know how to do it well enuf..:lol:

So its not like only for those who cannot afford the bigger luxuries of life...it can be a good starter for the young guns...:p So tht adds up to another segment of buyers for this car...and eventually adds more pressure to the already worsening traffic conditions..:no:

seriously. having a small car for city driving would be too good. Often i've looked in jealousy as maini reva's zipped by while i was stuck in traffic....

what good are so many horses if you dont have space :(

looks pretty ok for 1 lakh , but it will most certainly be priced above that mark.

Its supposed to have a 660cc engine, thats about 150cc lesser than the 800.

Will be interesting to see its mileage in actuality.

^I agree with u on tht..summing it all up in 1L is not possible imo...tht magical figure is just a marketing gimmick to woo the prospective customers to the showrooms..and once, they are thr, it wont be tough for the sales guys to do their job of brainwashing to pay the 'little' extra for a brand new car..:p

raj_pol said:
:) ^^If this car is really 1 lakh and everybody starts buying it then you can forget the big cars...You will soon have traffic jams on the national highways...Will soon buy a nice bicycle..will stay fit :p and avoid the jams :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: tht was some reply!!!!:clap: couldnt agree with u more!!!!:eek:hyeah:

What Nikhil said about this being the ideal car for the family is absolutely correct. It's sad that most critics forget to include this into their equations.

Sure, this could lead to greater traffic. But, that should really be left to the people to decide. A car should be used responsibly and this responsibility can and should belong to each and every human on Earth, not just elitist rich folk.

Ck Nish said:
What Nikhil said about this being the ideal car for the family is absolutely correct. It's sad that most critics forget to include this into their equations.

Sure, this could lead to greater traffic. But, that should really be left to the people to decide. A car should be used responsibly and this responsibility can and should belong to each and every human on Earth, not just elitist rich folk.

That's what i call an proper and appropriate explanation !!! Have an optimistic approach, and think of families who cannot even afford a 2-3 lakh bracket car. 3 cheers , for Mr Ratan Tata for looking at the ignored section of the economy.

would you rather this happened?

this car is meant for families like these

I've travelled 3 on a bike cos my family couldnt afford a car. it was a risk, but there really wasnt much else we could do. Though i can afford a car now , I can empathize with those who who would buy a car like that. And to say that they're gonna crowd up the roads.. they have every right as you do. What makes them any different ? they need it for safe transportation, a basic human need . Not joyriding on highways or showing off, or claiming depreciation benefits.

PS : i predict an interesting fight coming from the autowallah side. A majority of the prospective market for this car use autos right now. if the autowallahs cant beat em , they'll have to join em :p. I think this car might be a hit with the auto/taxi segment

And people grumbling abt the car clogging up roads, why dont you ask the elected govt to do something ?

Not on this thread, but I have seen some people criticise Tata for this car saying it will clog up the roads. Infrastructure is the government's business. It is their job to make enough roads for the 1.1billion people.

Though I wish they would let private companies take over :(

argh, and the wouldnt invest a dime in the rural sector/ or make us pay through the nose for using lesser used roads. to get bad service is one thing, but to get bad service , and then get ripped off is worse.

Nikhil said:
And people grumbling abt the car clogging up roads, why dont you ask the elected govt to do something ?

Not on this thread, but I have seen some people criticise Tata for this car saying it will clog up the roads. Infrastructure is the government's business. It is their job to make enough roads for the 1.1billion people.

Though I wish they would let private companies take over :(

lol... you talk as if you are somehow not part of this thing. I've never seen a queue where some smartass has to break the line. I've never seen a babu's relative or friend who doesn't want to take advantage of the connection.

And I can tell from experience than if even a company like L&T isn't above stealing cement. Private companies aren't really an answer for public services. Definitely not with the "indian" mentality.

Back