TATA DOCOMO gprs speed on pc

macchi12345

Disciple
Hi friends,
I have recently activated docomo gprs15 plan. I am using Sony Ericsson W550i through bluetooth and i am getting connection speed 115 kbps and download speed 5-7 kbps; but when i connect through Nokia E63 (bluetooth) i get same connection speed... so my question is why the speeds are not increased with Nokia E63 despite of it having EDGE.

I am from Bhandup, Nahur area in Mumbai. Is the problem due to bluetooth connection?
or should i switch to other operator for better speeds?
Thanks.. plss help!!

Ive seen many times that using bluetooth does deter the speeds.depends on what are the interface devices being used in the bluetooth connection.

I always get 15-20 KB/s speed on EDGE,i have used tata docomo, airtel and aircel. So there may be some problem with bluetooth or many users on the same tower can also result in drastic speed drop.

Yep,Docomo 2G speed sucks.

Got 12K-15KB/Sec on PC using my Nokia 2700C.

Where for Airtel 20-25 and for Reliance 25-30.

Never tried Vodafone cos its most expensive of them.....:(

Yes the speeds on docomo do suck now in mumbai too where there is no 3G.
Got speeds of max 2.5KB/sec.
Guess now it is the new aircel of gprs in mumbai.

Yeah i was getting around 220kbps from Airtel 2gb 98rs plan on my Nokia 5230 tethered to my macbook pro.

Download speeds vary from 20 to 23KBps.

My friend's Docomo speeds is lesser to around 110kbps(almost half of that of Airtel).

^ So which service provider provides the best cost effective EDGE data plans in Mumbai right now ? Along with good connectivity/signal and speeds. I need to buy a new SIM especially based on the data plans because Vodafone literally loots you :(

I get around 25 KBps download speed on Docomo. :D

Docomo works great in most areas for me in Mumbai. I dunno about other cities, but I have heard it isn't great everywhere.

^ Maybe cause mumbai hasn't got Docomo 3G yet. :p After that happens even here the 2G speeds might get reduced.

Its bad in mum right now.
Now in edge i think reliance is the best in mum with speeds.
P.S i use reliance only for surfing now since i use mtnl 3G for connecting to pc.

FaH33m said:
^ So which service provider provides the best cost effective EDGE data plans in Mumbai right now ? Along with good connectivity/signal and speeds. I need to buy a new SIM especially based on the data plans because Vodafone literally loots you :(
Me too looking for sumthing similar...
Guys, plse pour in ur experiences ... Is there any plan similar to 274RS BSNL Unlimited plan ????

Back