Audio TEKFUSION TWINWOOFERS

aman.pitbull

Skilled
Hello People,

Has anyone tried these new set of IEM's :

TWINWOOFERS

released in India by a Bangalore based Indian Brand Tekfusion :

It's available @ Flipkart for 1.2K.

If you've tried these or owned one of these please share your views on it. Also compare them to Sound Magic PL-21, PL-30 , Meelectronics M6,M9 or other good IEM's of that range.

Cheers.

Hi Aman, Yesterday I have ordered a pair of these. Will surely let you know once I get my hands on them. I have just received my SoundMagic PL21 .. and they are sounding good out of the box. May be they'll sound better after more burn-in as I'm just using from past tow hours
<

Cheers,

Kishore

Hi Aman, I listened to these headphones today. Right now I could compare it with Creative EP-630 and SoundMagic PL-21 as I own these only for now
<
.. IMHO these are good .. a lot more better that ep-630. Controlled bass same as PL-21, good in mids area. Sometimes I find the vocals and highs little harsh but it is not unbearable, may need a good burn-in period to settle down on quality. It has almost similar build quality as PL-21. I liked both PL-21 and Twinwoofers. In both I liked the controlled bass very much. Bass sounds as it should
<

Note: I'm a n00b in testing the sound quality, this is as per my personal liking.

Twinwoofers: 8/10

PL-21:7.5/10

EP-630: 5.5/10

So if you want to try a new IEM you could go for twinwoofers or much praised PL-21 is always there
<

Thanks,

Kishore

@ above

mine recived from ebay (mark-infotech) for Rs 765/-. (shiping incl.)very quick delevery indeed.

What I observed about Pl21 that they are very tiny and about first sound impression, vocals are bright and foreward also sound is some what dark. currently I've kept them for hatching ( burning
<
). Will keep enjoying my brainwavz M1 for some more time.

Bye.

@apurvmj

You got a good deal there
<
.. I never purchased from ebay .. so I had to rely on letsbuy
<
anyways mine are still burning in

the both (twinwoofers & PL21) not sounding well with my galaxy s2 but are good the my Optimus 3d
<

@apurvmj

You got a good deal there
<
.. I never purchased from ebay .. so I had to rely on letsbuy
<
anyways mine are still burning in

the both (twinwoofers & PL21) not sounding well with my galaxy s2 but are good the my Optimus 3d
<

Galaxy s2 is known for their weird audio, funnily enough i got it... I'm using my Twinwoofers with SonyEricsson w8, and PowerAMP app! They sound like heaven... Especially when you put a little low gain and increase the bass. pl21s - i cant compare those with Twinwoofers man! no way man!

I've already burn-in for 28 hrs, and those twinwoofer beasts sound insanely good. The're a completely different story now, compared to when they came in their box! hehe

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]@jacobz300[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Yes.. I do agree these twinwoofers are very good. But unfortunately the item I have received has physical damage at the Y joint, the copper wire is visible at the joint. I have observed it lately and contacted flipkart. But they refused to replace it
<
... I hope Tekfusion will do something about my problem[/font]

ok guys, i wanna order the twin woofers after reading your positive reviews...but i need to know just one thing? DO THEY SOUND AIRY? hows the soundstage?

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]@sandeepsachin[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IMO they do not have wide soundstage.[/font]

ok guys, i wanna order the twin woofers after reading your positive reviews...but i need to know just one thing? DO THEY SOUND AIRY? hows the soundstage?

Well, to me Twinwoofers do deliver a certain soundstage. When i'm listening to them, i truly don't feel that i've worn them. Maybe mostly because I listen to flac and lossless music. But again...they do pretty good job with upto 192kbps as well... but.. If you're into low bitrate music, ofcourse you shouldn't be bothering about soundstage in the first place. But also.., you simply can't tell anything about the soundstage until you burn them in. I've already reached my 35 hrs and I can see a huge difference already! I hope they won't stop functioning because i've already fallen in love haha
<

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]guys please check thoroughly the twinwoofers when you receive it, because I have received a damaged item near the "Y" joint and now flipkart claims I made that damage. The fault is mine also which I didn't checked the product for damage when I received it. I was little excited to checkout the sound quality.
<
But I came to know that they offer a 30 days replacement guarantee but you have to complain about the damage within 48 hours.
<
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Overall the twinwoofers are good but I'm not using these anymore because of the damage.[/font]

been wondering about the sound quality of the twinwoofers myself wanted to buy one of those, a review from people who own them would be nice as there arent really any credible reviews on the net as of now

For the price the sound quality is good. IMHO build quality is a problem with these. BTW I've got replacement piece from Tekfusion today. They are very nice to deal with. I have contacted Tekfusion when Flipkart rejected my replacement request. Flipkart said that I have made the damage to the headphones so they won't be replacing
<

So still mine are in Burn-in stage. Will post the review once the drivers are settled.

good for you, and good to see that tekfusion are listening to customer complaints

Not only that, I also got some great hearing tips from these guys. I was first having a left/right balance problem, but they instantly replied to me with some helful tips. Must say amazing customer service.

As for build quality, i would say they have pretty impressive build quality, because i've used so many skullcandy & sennheiser types which have lower build quality that Twinwoofers.

For the price the sound quality is good. IMHO build quality is a problem with these. BTW I've got replacement piece from Tekfusion today. They are very nice to deal with. I have contacted Tekfusion when Flipkart rejected my replacement request. Flipkart said that I have made the damage to the headphones so they won't be replacing
%3C

So still mine are in Burn-in stage. Will post the review once the drivers are settled.

Hi krisballa, I'm having the same problem at Y joint :( and flipkart rejected to replace the headphones. Please tell me how to contact Tekfusion and what is the procedure for replacement.

@ip2op01

Take a couple of photographs of the joint in Macro mode. Then send a mail to info@tekfusiontechnologies.com explaining your problem. Flipkart will do nothing about it and their technical executive blamed me that I did the damage :( .
I hope the tekfusion guys will help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ip2op01

Take a couple of photographs of the joint in Macro mode. Then send a mail to info@tekfusiontechnologies.com explaining your problem. Flipkart will do nothing about it and their technical executive blamed me that I did the damage :( .
I hope the tekfusion guys will help you.

Thanks for the reply. Did you sent your damaged headphone to them or they just gave u an extra piece as a replacement after contacting them?

Back