CPU/Mobo Temp increased after applying coolermaster compound

nRiTeCh

Skilled
My friends setup is amd x620. his recent temps were 35idle and 38load.

Now we applied coolermaster compound and the temps are 38 idle and 44 load.

we followed the method of single rice drop on the processors center and firmly seated the hsf on it.

IMO on net for quad this is the proper method (we did googled and found same on Arctic site too)

shall we try another method then?

cud be that applied paste is a bit less than wats required.
Also 3 degrees diffrence between idle & load temps seems to be a bit strange to me.
check whether the heatsink is tightly seated or not.

Honestly the Rice Drop trick never worked for my, I always use the Spatula provided with the Thermal Compound to evenly spread the paste. I just avoid spreading it end to end, rather spread it till the last 2-3 mm and then seat the heat sink over it. It works, Never use the rice drop or any other drop method as the process of seating the heat sink is the crucial one ans at time the thermal compound concentrates on one end however fails to spread evenly.

hellgate said:
Also 3 degrees diffrence between idle & load temps seems to be a bit strange to me.
yup ! 3 degrees only ?

use coretemp for temp monitor !

what s/w are u using ?

and yes i think the problem is the amount of paste applied is a little less !

used core temp but now theres huge diff. we applied using the good old method...spreading the compound on entire top of proccy using plastic card. Still same result. now friend cursing everything. His stock paste which came with the default amd hsf was way too good. it gave him temps as low as 26-28 and loads 34max.

Now with this new method still temps are 34 idle and 45 load.

it may be taking some burn in time.

shall reflect after some particular

hours of usage.

but make sure that the hsf is seated properly.

madnav said:
it may be taking some burn in time.

shall reflect after some particular

hours of usage.

but make sure that the hsf is seated properly.

hm. i too thought the same but the temps kept increasing one degrees say every 2 hours of computing even at idle. Even though u power off and on again after gap of 2 hrs or even more.

I hv handled such matters but this one seems fishy rather tricky :S

I will try applying ocz freeze tomorrow and then post the results.

Have you changed any BIOS setings along with that. I think you might ve turned off Cnq and C1E on BIOS.

btw, 26c idle is really possible. Mine is now 25c idle and 36c load @3.6Ghz, and current weather reports in my city says 24~25c. :)

but im using baram cooler with dual fans now. Anyway while on stock cooler, ive seens idle temps like 26~28c though load was like 46~48c.

brother 2 thermal paste from CM is a total crap icefusion & Cooler Master HTK-002-U1 if you want performance than buy Arctic or cooler masters Thermal fusion 400.

other than that stock paste are much better

Back