TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

BF1983 said:
Arre, when i meant have a camera I mean like with a UWA lens and a GND filter ! :p

And a 500mm f4 lens for shooting dragons from afar !!!

I thought you were referring to some application that could capture a screenshot. :ashamed:

Anyhow winter is here and I guess I should be starting this game anytime now. Or maybe from this weekend. :p

I see people cribbing about buying new components for playing this game, while 6690D2 does it with ease 1080p max settings.

Just one question during a look at a video I saw that we can move the objects/items we have in the inventory, but that doesn't seems to happen with me ?

kauzy said:
what do you mean by "move"?
psygeist said:
Currrrved Swoards !
[youtube]7sZJV5Z3IXQ[/youtube]

Two deadly weapons:

Take the screens for example, in that video the player can toggle the view by using either mouse or gamepad I am not sure.
Using that he can see the combination used to open a door with puzzle. But I cannot rotate the object to get different views.

A one handed weapon will always appear straight, a two handed weapon will appear at an angle. So in this case there is no movement, although I would like to know if there is any key to rotate the objects in 3d.

If you mean rotate the items then on consoles its done by clicking it with right stick to zoom on it and then rotating using the sticks.

Similar method should be there on PC as well, like pressing C to zoom in and clicking LMB and dragging the mouse to rotate.

Dark Star said:
Take the screens for example, in that video the player can toggle the view by using either mouse or gamepad I am not sure.

Using that he can see the combination used to open a door with puzzle. But I cannot rotate the object to get different views.
I remember this! Happened to me as well. Was a quest where I had to use the Golden Crab to open a door. The item had the sequence imprinted on it but I couldn't rotate or zoom like it was shown in a video. Had to strain my eyes to see the sequence :|

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

One Handed weapon : Mace of Molag

But it doesn't really matter, what matters is how much you improve it and how much you enchant it with magic. That is what makes any weapon powerful.

Dark Star said:

i can directly zoom over the object by hovering my mouse over it and then rotating it.. :)

Bluffmaster said:
One Handed weapon : Mace of Molag

But it doesn't really matter, what matters is how much you improve it and how much you enchant it with magic. That is what makes any weapon powerful.

Yep. It depends a lot on your alchemy and smithing and enchanting skills. there is a youtube video showing now to get weapons upgraded to ~500 dmg

The Mace of Molag Bal is a nice weapon, but it took all the evil in me to bring myself to kill someone while they were shouting "Don't kill me". :( I wish there had been a different option. :(

kvikram said:
The Mace of Molag Bal is a nice weapon, but it took all the evil in me to bring myself to kill someone while they were shouting "Don't kill me". :( I wish there had been a different option. :(

That has actually been my biggest gripe with Skyrim. Most RPG games these days tend to experiment with some kind of morality system. Infact, Bethesda's own Fallout series has a morality system in place which makes the choices you make in the game matter. With no such system in Skyrim, it makes giving your character some personality a bit difficult. Example being, I would help a fellow NPC and then just sneak into his house and rob him blind not because I enjoy doing it but because its rewarding and the only rational choice.

There should have been a karma system like fallout and specific perks should have been assigned to both evil and good characters. That would have made things way more interesting.

Back