The Motorola Defy Thread

Neo Anderson said:
dude. congrats for your purchase. how has it been so far? I'm pretty bummed about the battery life. am on stock froyo with go launcher. how is cm7? especially the battery life.
to be honest I am not happy with battery-its not smart enough.With a full charge with medium usage of calling,music,facebook,gaming it comes to 50-60 after my office-- as usual android phone battery performance.. I did not see a huge improvement in battery after going to cm7 2.3.4.

CM7 is huge improvement overall from the stock froyo in terms other things ( except battery), tons of options - you will be lost for sure,every thing is working including the FM. Sometime EDW dockbar just vanished, i need to reboot the phone to get it back. I two file explorer apps installed earlier in froyo, which i uninstalled after upgrading to CM7 -after that I am facing a strange problem - EDW setting options from the Menu key is gone, now i need to go the setting and then EDW setting,,I can't get back to the default EDW theme,,somehow EDW got screwed up. This may happen also due to the full system that i took using Titanium app may be,So guys take individual backup for each apps using titanium, make a separate backup for the systems and separate each of each apps.Don't install any other file explorer in Froyo, if already installed than uninstalled before upgrading to CM7

whats edw? you. mean adw?
cm7 is best rom but so so battery life. for better battery go for moto stock 2.3 or miui.
also when moving from 2.2 to 2.3/cm7/miui don't restore apps using titanium. might create fc prob.better just restore the app and not the data the data

thanks guys... spent the entire day yesterday understanding android... i guess it'll take me some time to get completely acquainted...in my budget of 16K this was the best android phone i could buy... i know about rooting and flasing custom roms but ill have to do a lot more research before i do it since its my first time and i am apprehensive... :p

also mines a green lens... read about that in the xda forums... could that cause any issues in future updates... ??

guys my defy seems to be stuck, I wanted to restore my nandroid backup of MIUI (which worked earlier) but defy would just go into boot loop, so decided to do a full flash, so now I tried flashing nordic froyo and india froyo but in both cases it starts flashing and then it restarts phone and shows in process and the progress goes to 100% when it gets stuck at android screen ( android words) is displayed and nothing happens, it tells me to manually power on the phone? but the phone is already On and the power button does not do anything.
Please help guys!
Thanks

aka911 said:
whats edw? you. mean adw?

cm7 is best rom but so so battery life. for better battery go for moto stock 2.3 or miui.

also when moving from 2.2 to 2.3/cm7/miui don't restore apps using titanium. might create fc prob.better just restore the app and not the data the data
my bad, yeah ADW Launcher, I restored the batch backup that i took earlier, I think that might create these small problem. I might need a fresh install. As for titanium backup, are you suggesting only app backup but not data backup ??

zopeon said:
guys my defy seems to be stuck, I wanted to restore my nandroid backup of MIUI (which worked earlier) but defy would just go into boot loop, so decided to do a full flash, so now I tried flashing nordic froyo and india froyo but in both cases it starts flashing and then it restarts phone and shows in process and the progress goes to 100% when it gets stuck at android screen ( android words) is displayed and nothing happens, it tells me to manually power on the phone? but the phone is already On and the power button does not do anything.

Please help guys!

Thanks

Go to stock recovery and wipe cache and data. This happens if you dont wipe before you flash froyo. "ALWAYS REMEMBER to WIPE BEFORE FLASHING"

killmastern3 said:
Go to stock recovery and wipe cache and data. This happens if you dont wipe before you flash froyo. "ALWAYS REMEMBER to WIPE BEFORE FLASHING"
Thanks, this worked, aah, I thought since it like format, i wouldn't have to delete anything.

heyy guys... been an exciting 2 days with the device... however one thing seems to bug me... is "auto-rotation" supposed to work only if we hold the phone standing because when the phone is made to lie down on a surface and rotated, auto-rotation is not happening... kindly pardon my naivety... :D

^^this is the case with all phones with an accelerometer sensor..which is more than 90% of the phones in the market.dont worry, even some 30k phones face the same 'issue'

kvikram said:
Gravity acts downwards, duh :|

haha dude... its all making sense now... confirmed on my mates HTC Wildfire & Samsung Galaxy Ace... sorry for the noobish question... only reason i posted was because I couldnt get more info anywhere... nd now i knw why... :ashamed:

Hi

Just got a Motorola Defy 3 days back my first android phone.

Was confused on some terms used in this thread and elsewhere say on XDA forums

My phone gives the following info

System version--Moto_version 34.3601.7.MB525. Retail.en.SEA15

Firmware --2.2.2 (I believe this is Android 2.2.2)

Build No. JEM 3.4.3-36.1.7

I am confused on this build number. I read some of the posts in this thread advising to download the stock India ROM through the XDA post
But this downloadable ROM states the name as JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-36-1.7

So what is the difference between JEM and JRDNEM. Should I download JRDNEM.... stock ROM?

Thanks
Slacker

hey guyz,

i cant send emails from my gmail account anymore from my defy. I always had problems but now its not goig at all. I can send from my yahoo mail and receive notification in gmail , but i cannot send from gmail.

ANyone help ???

What error you get when sending? Does it stuck in outbox? If yes, then clear cache of gmail in settings, apps. It might help.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using tapatalk.

how do i clear my cache of google account. It doesnt get stucks, It just keeps displaying sending.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK , now i know, but would that effect any some how ??? clearing the cache i mean ?

Back