The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

Please check below screenshot. On left hand top you can see the EDGE connected but the dual arrows are bit different, what does this indicate ?

kewvaw.jpg

None at all,i'm afraid.

Did a hard reset 4 months back,got 60 Mb free on C:

Now,I'm back to 33Mb.

The memory just vanished.(even while using NetQin Mobile Guard very often)

Facing a weird issue. Whenever i restart my 5230, the network does not connect and when i go to do a manual search i get message that "Unable to connect to network, phone is in offline mode". This is when the phone is still in normal mode.

So as a workaround, i have to change the profile to offline and then switch back to general when it says that allow network access and then i do get the network :S

These are things that load after i restart my phone. I got this from the NetQin Mobile Guard and some of these apps access the internet even without asking the user ;-[

What are these apps related to (parent app) and how to ensure they are not started and / or identify apps so i can delete them?? :huh:

2yljzsy.jpg
148s4n.jpg

I am kind of fed up with 5235 as well. Here are some of the reason for it.

1. Particularly slow. THE CPU is not good for pdf viewing and the adobe suite kind of sucks with its performance.
2. Hangs now and then, and is not as responsive as it should be. Restarts when system is loaded with multiple instances of application.
3. Lack of effective application, the one that are really good (gravity for ex) are paid.
4. no free alternative to pdf reader and all. There is one I read in dailymobile.se but that doesn't sound like an ideal solution.
5. Network not getting activated the instance i restart and it took a while for the phone to get the network.
6. I dont get delivery reports only from few network providers. even though the message gets delivered.
7. Clumsy overall. Still confused what to do ? Sell it or what ? Noia C6-01 is a good phone but it still a Symbian device. i wonder if I can get a similarly powered and loaded droid phone in same price range.

raksrules said:
These are things that load after i restart my phone. I got this from the NetQin Mobile Guard and some of these apps access the internet even without asking the user ;-[
What are these apps related to (parent app) and how to ensure they are not started and / or identify apps so i can delete them?? :huh:

2yljzsy.jpg
148s4n.jpg
You have too many apps installed. :p
For internet access i suggest not assigning any default access point. Or else delete the internet access point and use the wap access point for internet usage

comp@ddict said:
Except games API, I have none installed. Dont know y people use call record sooo lame man!
I never installed those call record etc. That cloverfield and easygps too was installed on phone memory, not sure what installed them because i always install all my apps on memory card.

I did a hard reset to my phone today and i re-inserted the micro sd card. I always install all the apps on card only. So when i put back the memory card, something started installing automatically. I let that happen as it is. But after 4-5 minutes, it came on screen that "Could not install all applications". Now when i went and checked the Installed Apps folder many of the apps are missing :S What can i do to reclaim them or do an automatic reinstall of those apps which are *supposedly* still on memory card.

The thing is when you do a hard reset the registry gets reset.
So irrespective of the programs installed on your memory card you wont be seeing them in the app manager.
The hard reset is equivalent to format on the pc.
I hope you get my point.

Back