The Photography Thread !

rishabh.asthana said:
awesome pics how did you get that red back ground in the second pic ?
Thanks :) , I first bumped up the shadows so that the trees became sillhouettes, then applied a red tint to the pic (I used picasa for PP)

dsc0971copy.jpg

All you shutterbugs should mention your gear list and flickr links in the signature . Something like the rig signatures , Nikon D90 overclocked to .... :p

@Blueren: The HDR on the last snap has come out exceedingly well. :D

Brendon sir, when did you switch to being a wild life photographer? I can see few non-wild insects being clicked here. :p

@Blueren - Amazing snaps dude ! I simply loved the landscape shot. What camera do you use ?

@Vinay_cm - Thank you ! :)

Both shots were taken with a Tamron 90mm f2.8 + 2x teleconverter.

@Descecrator - Ha ha ! Well I have joined this group called Mumbai Weekend photographers, so they decide where to shoot each Weekend. :p

Desecrator said:
@Blueren: The HDR on the last snap has come out exceedingly well. :D

Thanks! But its not HDR :D I just over fiddled with exposure and contrast in Lightroom :)
BF1983 said:
@Blueren - Amazing snaps dude ! I simply loved the landscape shot. What camera do you use ?

Thanks! I'm using a 550D with everything stock. No filters, no nothing :| I'll be getting my tamron 18-270 this year end :)

BF1983: The fly shot is awesome! Could you share your technique? Need to know stuff like subject distance from lens, handheld/tripod, manual/auto focus, aperture used, flash setting, etc

Happy belated Halloween! :)

Sigma 10-20 for right one, Canon 24-70 f/2.8 for left. Rented the 24-70 to check it out.

Sigma 10-20 + B&W #110 10 stop ND Filter. Shot at sunrise.

^ Lovely :D

Desecrator said:
Brendon sir, when did you switch to being a wild life photographer? I can see few non-wild insects being clicked here. :p

Ever since he first took a picture of THE viralbug. :D

@Blueren - Amazing shots as always! :D That dude in the second pic looks awesome. :p

delirious? - Where the hell do you stay ? I have seen lots of shots of that farm/meadow from you. Pretty stunning shot ! :)

@medpal - Thanks !

@b_naresh - For that particular shot I used a monopod and I had the good luck of having a co-operative subject that allowed me to get close. I also used a flash at 50% power to get some extra shutter speed.

@viralbug - Oh yeah, should I repost that picture from Gautam's place ? :p

Back