The Photography Thread !

m-jeri said:
@pappu..

brilliant. Whats a Grad thing?
A grad this is a graduated ND filter. Basically it is light at one end(lower part) and dark at the other (upper part) to get the correct exposure of the sky.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally got down to converting the rest of the snaps from Sunday, here they are:

DSC_1634 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_1654 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_1680 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_1522 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

Urbanisation by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

Changing foliage by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

Caterpillar by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_1535 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_1517 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

Hello Folks...

I've been following the thread for a long time... And I must admit that you guys click amazing photographs... finally today I gathered the courage to upload one of my noobish click...

I would appreciate some feedback to keep me going...

5925832663_00ae4855b4.jpg

^ Aaah Thanks Pappu ! My snaps are nothing like the awe-inspiring captures of Joseph Radhik .He's the man with a golden eye ! Though I can say he's been a big inspiration all this while ;).

Switch said:
Well... Ya Anish you are quiet right ;)...

Settings make all the difference between a good picture and a great picture... But trust me i dont get time to play around a lot with the settings(Yeah and i call myself a techine :()... Although none of the pics were taken with the camera's auto mode but they were also not taken with complete manual mode... And to be honest i have chosen only these pics out of the 250 which i clicked... Most of them had an subject in them so they were automatically disqualified from the thread andso only a select few were left to be posted here... I have only posted a select few within them...digital photo frames.........

Also Mauritius is a awesome place but you really need a good company there along with the spirit to hit the sea anytime during the 24 hours of the day... Maybe i will post a review along with Do's and Dont's and Tips before visiting the country :)...

Thank you for sharing! If see the same question I can also go to solve!

ragzdiablo said:
guys how to use selective coloring? I use lightroom.

Dont know anything about PS.
Selective coloring... open the pic in ps. Layers > new adjustment layer > choose hue/satiration > set saturation to 0.

You'll now have a b&w pic. Use the brush tool. If you set the color of the brush to black and paint over the pic, any place touched by the brush will regain its color. You can use the white color to erase the coloring and make it regain the b&w effect (if by chance you made any mistake)

Back