The Samsung Galaxy S thread

Hrithan2020

Disciple
Jun 15, 2010
@Parv,

I bought the "Barely There" case from Croma store.It seems to be the one case widely available in India. (It is listed at 20$ in the official site , so thought Rs 650 was a decent price.Maybe, I could have got for lower. )

You can find the Xpose cases in Ebay . (I didn't buy, because black wasn't available, then.)

I browsed numerous forums regarding Corning Glass and whether it requires screen protector dilemma, and in one forum, there was this guy(forgot the name of the forum, was one american), who was considered to be rather knowledgeable about cases and screen protector. He considered Zagg to be more of a marketing gimmick. (pricing high, then giving lots of discount offers to make more consumers buy it and still think that it is of very high quality. Who knows? )But, I am sure, it will be much better than the one I have now :D..)

However , Steinheil Crystal seems to be getting v. good reviews. (Zagg too got some really good reviews..)

raymasky

Disciple
Aug 24, 2009
Parv said:
I want to get a full body screen protector + a case for the SGS, so suggestions please :)

PS: I already know about Zagg, but it's damn costly and to get it imported in India will take lot of time :(
Try fommy.co.in

I bought the stuff below for my Galaxy and im pretty happy with it. VFM ..if you ask me !!

Samsung - Amzer® Super Clear Screen Protector with Cleaning Cloth For Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Samsung - Amzer® Rubberized Black Snap On Crystal Hard Case For Samsung Galaxy S I9000

ahd

Adept
Aug 22, 2009
Mumbai
CeDrIc said:
Whats the latest price of Galazy S in mumbai?
28~K in most of the shops , 27.5K in HP

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Which Camera App do you use on your Galaxy S , the default that came along or some other from the market ?

gursud

Disciple
Jul 22, 2010
Gadgetshieldz cant ship to india i guuess. I tried a month back but i could not. BTW gadgetshieldz seems to be decent alternative for Zaggs.

Checksum

Skilled
Aug 3, 2005
gursud said:
Gadgetshieldz cant ship to india i guuess. I tried a month back but i could not. BTW gadgetshieldz seems to be decent alternative for Zaggs.
Err, Gadgetshieldz ships from Chennai. I got mine the very next day.

arvnd

Disciple
Dec 13, 2009
^^ I got a shield for ipod touch 4G delivered from the same seller. Got it super quick in 1 day (shipping via first flight).

gursud

Disciple
Jul 22, 2010
Hello Parv,

If i dint ship i will pass it to you. However i found one coupon online at that time which has given 1.19$ discount. Just try your luck in Google.

vortex_mak

Disciple
Dec 17, 2007
I was just reading about the 3 button recovery mode for Galaxy S.

I am just wondering if samsung left this out intentionally or was it a mistake.

I am running Eclair 2.1 JG4 firmware, does this version have the recovery mode or is it not present in any of the Galaxy S versions?

Does the official Froyo update add the recovery mode or you still need to apply the fix given on xda developers ?

Once the recovery mode is added, will it stay even if the phone is updated to Froyo via Kies ?

Hrithan2020

Disciple
Jun 15, 2010
AFAIK, the 3 button recovery mode is not specific to a firmware, rather to certain (random? bcoz mostly US having this prob?) sets...
And recovery mode stays.

arvnd

Disciple
Dec 13, 2009
Guys, any idea when official froyo will be released for India?

I'm currently on Froyo (some european build), but I'm finding it kind of laggy and buggy compared to the eclair I was using earlier.
Tried out vodoo lagfix but it's increasing the battery consumption. I'm almost tempted to go back to eclair.

Anyone using Froyo and really happy with it - can u tell me which version you are using?

raymasky

Disciple
Aug 24, 2009
arvnd said:
Guys, any idea when official froyo will be released for India?

I'm currently on Froyo (some european build), but I'm finding it kind of laggy and buggy compared to the eclair I was using earlier.
Tried out vodoo lagfix but it's increasing the battery consumption. I'm almost tempted to go back to eclair.

Anyone using Froyo and really happy with it - can u tell me which version you are using?

Im using Axura 2.05 on my vibrant . Its as smooth as silk and battery lasts for a day even on moderate-heavy usage.

arvnd

Disciple
Dec 13, 2009
raymasky said:
Im using Axura 2.05 on my vibrant . Its as smooth as silk and battery lasts for a day even on moderate-heavy usage.
Vibrant ROM wont work on stock i9000 rt? I got tired of flashing ROMs - want to stick to a good reliable build for some time - any suggestions?