The Windows Phone 7 thread

^ Been using WP7 for last two months. I haven't faced issues like SMS not being in the same thread.
BTW, anyone using Lumia 710- My phone is put on ring+vibrate mode. Before the ringtone the phone vibrates once and then the ringtone follows. The problem is, the phone does not vibrate along with the ringtone. Could someone confirm the same with their Lumia devices. #sarang

I bought a Windows 7.5 phone at launch and will never buy another one. I bought it just to try it out. But somebody who needs a real phone shouldn't even think of a Windows 7.5. PERIOD. Stick to Android or Iphone.

And I also have a Galaxy S2 plus BB along with it. So one crappy phone just for calling and trying out doesn't matter to me as much.

^ Check whether you have multiple contacts saved under the same person's name. It happened with me for a single contact.

m disappointed by windows just bcoz of absence of some basic features.

-no call waiting
-no Bluetooth file transfer
-no mass storage
-same volume control for ringtone and media
-very limited apps (that will be fixed in times to come)
-Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only transfer photos, videos & music. All other files need to email/upload to yourself.

Just brought a used Samsung Focus and I am quite very happy with it, Yes there are a few limitations but they are easy to overcome because I have never used Android. :D

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

-no call waiting
-no mass storage
-Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only transfer photos, videos & music. All other files need to email/upload to yourself.
I have call waiting on my phone at least.

Not youtube. I want to stream media on my hardisk to my phone. On android i used to do it with file managers, how do i do it on windows phone?

-no call waiting
-no mass storage

did you write that or copy/paste it from WP7 limitations?

I have been using this phone for over an year now.. and never missed bluetooth transfer.. not even once.. transferring files through e-mail is way faster than the slow protocol of bluetooth. Mass Storage -> not sure if I ran into a situation where i wanted to use this as a feature..sync music through zune, and thats it. Photos are available through fb albums, windows live albums..Documents, everything through skydrive.

I have seen few people state that you cannot send documents through e-mail, YOU CAN, the method is different. Open the document and then select send it through e-mail, rather than create a new e-mail and add it as an attachment.

Recently, I started programming for WP7. It's so easy and fun to do.. you will enjoy the OS even more once you start putting out apps for it (works only if you are into programming :p)

IMO, Android took from windows mobile a lot and improved on it. WM was hacked/modified a lot and it turned into different user expreience for each user. The same is happening in android, with so many flavours of it. WP7 brings uniformity, less headache and so far no requirement of having an antivirus program installed to protect your phone!

Guys I will happily give windows phone to my grand mother and father who are computer illiterate and know that they will have no difficulty using it, however I would never give an android phone to them, since they will be confused. Hence windows phone is actually a phone and not a smartphone and this has it's beneficial aspects also.

Guys I will happily give windows phone to my grand mother and father who are computer illiterate and know that they will have no difficulty using it, however I would never give an android phone to them, since they will be confused. Hence windows phone is actually a phone and not a smartphone and this has it's beneficial aspects also.

:lol:

So a phone which confuses its users is a smartphone? And the one which doesn't is just a phone?

Back