The Windows Phone 7 thread

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
Guys I will happily give windows phone to my grand mother and father who are computer illiterate and know that they will have no difficulty using it, however I would never give an android phone to them, since they will be confused. Hence windows phone is actually a phone and not a smartphone and this has it's beneficial aspects also.

My good man, you will get 0 if you gave this logic in a Critical reasoning question in any of the competitive exams.

PS: "has it's beneficial aspects" is incorrect. It should be "has its beneficial aspects".

technerd

Recruit
Oct 27, 2011
Guys the good thing about windows phone is that it does not pretend to be a computer in a phone and knows it's limitations. It allows me to read emails, to browse web, to watch videos as well as listen to songs, to text as well as to call. This is all I expect from a mobile and getting a phone which can do this with a huge screen is only possible with windows phone.

Nov 24, 2011
Delhi
anyone can tell, whats the price for Lumia 800 now a days?

If u could just open the net browser on ur lap and hit Online Shopping India | Buy Books, Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Electronics, Accessories, Lifestyle Products | Flipkart.com and head to mobile section and click on lumia 800 u will know its price :bleh: ..
or wait let me make it easier for u .. click here ---> Nokia Lumia 800: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com ..
No offence buddy but if u would have asked best price fr lumia we could have helped but to satiate ur query for price of lumia these days .. i guess u r quite capable to do tht :)

Cloud-S

Adept
Aug 18, 2010
If u could just open the net browser on ur lap and hit Online Shopping India | Buy Books, Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Electronics, Accessories, Lifestyle Products | Flipkart.com and head to mobile section and click on lumia 800 u will know its price :bleh: ..
or wait let me make it easier for u .. click here ---> Nokia Lumia 800: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com ..
No offence buddy but if u would have asked best price fr lumia we could have helped but to satiate ur query for price of lumia these days .. i guess u r quite capable to do tht :)
fine. I was actually looking for what amount the nokia priority sells.

R0H!T

Adept
Jun 28, 2008
Pune
am just waiting for the lumia 900 to head over here!!! it started selling in europe already and also in singapore

IMO you should wait for WP8 devices which will be announced in Sept @ Nokia World. Also Samsung might come out with their S3 equivalent for WP8. High resolution screens, dual cores...lot of changes expected :)

I just started using SkyDrive 3 days ago and it's great. Having 25 gb of cloud storage really helps a lot.

You were able to get 25GB even when you started using it just a few days ago? MS changed the free limit couple of weeks ago that they have reduced it to 7GB but existing users (who have used the service at least once before <some cut off date>) had the option to roll back to 25GB which was the default before.
Nice to see that you were able to get 25 gigs!

mayank4823

Disciple
Aug 3, 2009
Jaipur
www.youtube.com
You able to get 25GB even when you started using it just a few days ago? MS changed the free limit couple of weeks ago that they have reduced it to 7GB but existing users (who have used the service at least once before <some cut off date>) had the option to roll back to 25GB which was the default before.
Nice to see that you were able to get 25 gigs!

no, actually I got 25 gigs in the starting itself. But I started utilising it and syncing my folders 3 days ago. Awesome and a cool thing :)

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
I have my mind set on a Windows 8 convertible tablet (11.6' tablet + dock) + Windows 8 handset + XBOX 360 super combo!!! :yes:

R0H!T

Adept
Jun 28, 2008
Pune
I have my mind set on a Windows 8 convertible tablet (11.6' tablet + dock) + Windows 8 handset + XBOX 360 super combo!!! :yes:

Me too! Only thing different is I will get a full fledged Ultrabook (~13") with touch screen instead of tablet coz I anyways have to buy a laptop in near future and already have iPad 2. But I am so much in love with Windows 8 that I might just sell the iPad and get Windows 8 RT tablet too... :p
Man! Can't wait for June 20 and WP8 preview *super excited after a long time*

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
Me too! Only thing different is I will get a full fledged Ultrabook (~13") with touch screen instead of tablet coz I anyways have to buy a laptop in near future and already have iPad 2. But I am so much in love with Windows 8 that I might just sell the iPad and get Windows 8 RT tablet too... :p
Man! Can't wait for June 20 and WP8 preview *super excited after a long time*

I'm also torn between a 11.6' and a 13' Ultrabook. But I am really fond of a detachable screen setup ( e.g. Transformer Prime with Windows 8 ) which would function as an independent tablet too. I've come to realize that the 10' screen on my iPad is just a little bit small for my liking. I have subscribed to many magazines via Zinio and I still have to zoom in around 10-20 percent more to be able to read it clearly. So, I want a bigger (>10')screen that I can use as a comic/magazine reader. Also, I am not worried about the bigger size and weight since the iPad itself is not light enough to be used in one hand. Thus, if there is a 13' option with a detachable screen or even an Ultrabook with a keyboard that flips over entirely, I'll definitely pick that up! :)

I too have been postponing my purchase of a laptop since a long time and this seems to be the perfect thing. If it works out like I think it will, I'll be dumping my iPad.

Faraz

Skilled
Sep 18, 2009
Bhopal
Suddenly i am having issues synchronizing my yahoo mail on my phone. It keeps on asking for my password. Gmail works fine. Tried deleting and adding again. Any idea what's wrong?
Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
I had the same issue with Yahoo mail a few weeks ago, somehow the username had a typo in it, (probably when I was playing around with email settings anyway) deleting the account and adding it again fixed it for me...

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
May 31, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Guys have a question? I own a focus and was wondering what changes could Apollo bring to the existing phones? Is there any change other than what we are experiencing?

R0H!T

Adept
Jun 28, 2008
Pune
I'm also torn between a 11.6' and a 13' Ultrabook. But I am really fond of a detachable screen setup ( e.g. Transformer Prime with Windows 8 ) which would function as an independent tablet too. I've come to realize that the 10' screen on my iPad is just a little bit small for my liking. I have subscribed to many magazines via Zinio and I still have to zoom in around 10-20 percent more to be able to read it clearly. So, I want a bigger (>10')screen that I can use as a comic/magazine reader. Also, I am not worried about the bigger size and weight since the iPad itself is not light enough to be used in one hand. Thus, if there is a 13' option with a detachable screen or even an Ultrabook with a keyboard that flips over entirely, I'll definitely pick that up! :)

I too have been postponing my purchase of a laptop since a long time and this seems to be the perfect thing. If it works out like I think it will, I'll be dumping my iPad.

Did today's MS Surface tablet announcement increase your confusion :p