Tomb Raider - Discussion Thread

Switch

Skilled
New Tomb Raider another reboot?

The next Tomb Raider will be an origin story in which a "young and inexperienced Lara Croft" investigates tombs in an island off the coast of Japan, according to a report.

Supposedly leaked details surfaced over the weekend and Kotaku has a few snippets about how Lara ends up shipwrecked and exploring mysterious underground tombs, apparently appearing on horseback at one point firing arrows at ghoulish adversaries.

However, both the original site 4Player Co-op and first responders Joystiq claim to have removed the imagery, and in the former's case the original information, due to legal threats.

Eidos has not responded to our request for comment so far, although to be fair we only sent it off 15 minutes ago. Clip clop.

Kotaku also points out that Eidos life president Ian Livingstone is on record saying the next Tomb Raider will "surprise a lot of people and reinvigorate the franchise".
Source: New Tomb Raider another reboot? News // None /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

Man haven't played that one for a long time. I lost interest after Angel Of Darkness.. :D Hope the sequel (prequel?) manages to reboot the franchise. TR was the game I grew up with so it's nostalgic. :D

OMG! Angel of Darkness was probably the worst game I ever played!!

@ajish65
u should really play the newer ones after AoD. I liked all of them (Legend, Anniversary and Underground).

didnt get to play legends, but have played both anniversary and underground.

anniversary was totally amazing. i felt underground to be a little dull, but was decent.

Tomb Raider 9 (said to be prequel)

I think this reboot gonna be entirely different from the original TR series, but i really don't want this to be like a Silent Hill + Prince of Persia kinda feel, i want Legend/Anniversary type TR. Also new Lara is also not that good at least not so boyish look:S i like the idea of new TR series has young Lara:D

whats ur opinion?

more at: gameinformer.com

re: Tomb Raider (2012) - Discussion Thread

If it is Crystal Dynamics, it's got to be kick arse! A world-weary Lara - me likes. :D

YAY for the new Lara. Here's her concept art from GI magazine:

vGJTX.jpg

And guess what's my new wallpaper now ;) :

83463313.jpg

The new Lara has a slight Jessica Alba look to her.. dont you think?

Anyway, cant wait for this. Enjoyed every Tomb Raider/Lara Craft game from Crystal Dynamics.

She's got a very rugged style. Looks really intriguing and nothing sharing the traditional Lara Croft-ish charm. I think that's what the developers are aiming for this time, to re-create a new a new Lara and explore her roots.

Also, it's official and these are words straight from the Horse's mouth:

The new game's described as "the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive."

"Forget everything you knew about TOMB RAIDER," said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics. "This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

The new Tomb Raider makes its debut in this month's Game Informer mag. See the cover on this page (Lara doesn't look very well, does she?)

There's no platforms or release date yet, but we'll be sure to let you know as soon as more details are in the wild.

There are more Game Informer magazine scans, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to post it out here. It's a completely new direction given to the whole game. I hope it's for the best.

Lara Lara Lara!!!! :D

I hope this one turns out good. I hope the gameplay is similar.

Back