Windows Turning SSD into Bootable USB

Yeah I like ventoy too, works well enough for me, mostly. I use it with a 128GB sandisk extreme pro USB stick that gives almost full USB gen1 400+ MBps read/write speeds. Might try easy2boot though, just to be able to compare it.

Save your time and headache by buying an enclosure. It's too much a mess for making a bootable device via a long procedure. It can be done without an enclosure but not worth the effort and time.
Besides enclosure always come handy.

Not gonna work! For anything bootable, it must have a master boot record, volume boot record, and contain an operating system or a program that can be executed alongwith a live file creation timestamp is needed.
If that wasn't the case, nobody would had to go through Rufus etc. tools to create usb pen drive instead they would have instead unzipped the iso and boot directly!

@chungus whats the issue buying or at least sourcing an enclosure? Its pretty cheap and always comes handy in such situations.
This way any sata storage can come to the rescue.
i need it urgently thats the issue

Not gonna work! For anything bootable, it must have a master boot record, volume boot record, and contain an operating system or a program that can be executed alongwith a live file creation timestamp is needed.
You're right, I forgot one more command:
BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 U:
where U:\ is the drive letter of the spare SSD
BOOTSECT.EXE is found in the boot folder in ISO

If that wasn't the case, nobody would had to go through Rufus etc. tools to create usb pen drive instead they would have instead unzipped the iso and boot directly!
Rufus won't even show you internal disks. It shows only USB. OP wanted to create a bootable internal disk. In all other cases, yes just use Rufus.

On my Asus mobo I could set every sata ports as a removable drive from BIOS. You can hot plug it as well. You can "safely remove" the drive too just like an external USB. I haven't tried making it a bootable drive using rufus yet, but I don't see why it won't let me.

On my Asus mobo I could set every sata ports as a removable drive from BIOS. You can hot plug it as well. You can "safely remove" the drive too just like an external USB. I haven't tried making it a bootable drive using rufus yet, but I don't see why it won't let me.
Doesn't make sense unless the drive in question is actually made a true bootable. Mere setting any drive bootable wont boot by extracting any bootable files.

Read this for clarification..https://techenclave.com/threads/turning-ssd-into-bootable-usb.217837/post-2502430

Back