PC Peripherals TVS Gold VS Razer Black Widow?

sa_ill

Disciple
Hey

So, I currently own the Razer Lycosa which I bought 2 months back for Rs. 4k and am willing to chug it into the dustbin now.
Prior to the Lycosa, I owned the Ligotech G15, which again, bought for some Rs. 7k and lasted me only 3-4 months.

The thing with these keyboards is that they are membrane keyboard, which I have realised, is SH*T quality.

I want to go back to using mechanical keyboards, the high quality ones, which lost their market mainly due to high prices.
Now, there are currently 2 mechanical keyboards available in the market:
Razer Black Widow, costs about Rs. 5.5k w/o backlighting and Rs. 9k with backlighting.
Now, it does look like a great mechanical keyboard, but I'm getting really weiry of Razer. I have owned 3 products of Razer and they all have failed to impress me.

The second mechanical keyboard available in the market is:
TVS Gold. Costs Rs. 1,300. Now, I have used this keyboard when I was a kid and I have to say, its a really high quality keyboard. I tried looking up information/reviews on this keyboard on the net but there arent many. All I want to know is, to the gamers who own TVS Gold, does it have anti-ghosting capabilities (registering multiple key presses)

Thanks.

sa_ill said:
Hey

So, I currently own the Razer Lycosa which I bought 2 months back for Rs. 4k and am willing to chug it into the dustbin now.

Prior to the Lycosa, I owned the Ligotech G15, which again, bought for some Rs. 7k and lasted me only 3-4 months.

The thing with these keyboards is that they are membrane keyboard, which I have realised, is SH*T quality.
I think you are the first person with such opinion. May be you got a faulty piece, try RMA.

Then you should go for SteelSeries bro, Quality wish awesome, even am owning one SteelSeries ZBoard (Warcraft Edition) and Razer Lycosa, to tell the truth Razer Sucks man, Razer products are good for their design but bad for their quality.

My suggestion is go for Steelseries Keyboards.. You wont regret it.

Roxtin said:
I think you are the first person with such opinion. May be you got a faulty piece, try RMA.
That is incorrect. I have replaced my Lycosa twice. The problem was, some of my keys used to stop working and I had to remove and reconnect the keyboard again, and this was coming out to be a daily thing, which was a pain in the you know what. The guy replaced it. And and the same problem. I looked up on the internet and it turned out I'm not the only one, there 10s of thousands, check Amazon.

With my Copperhead, worked great for first few couple of months. I fragged a billion. Used to love that damned mouse, but, the issue started where it just kept disconnecting and reconnecting by itself. Threw it outta the window, bought a Steelseries, and OMFG this mouse is a monster!

Please, let us not ponder into nitigrities and focus more into the 'actual' question of this thread. Cheers!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Vibu said:
Then you should go for SteelSeries bro, Quality wish awesome, even am owning one SteelSeries ZBoard (Warcraft Edition) and Razer Lycosa, to tell the truth Razer Sucks man, Razer products are good for their design but bad for their quality.

My suggestion is go for Steelseries Keyboards.. You wont regret it.

You have any idea where I can score the Steelseries keyboards in Delhi? Plus, they are pretty expensive right? Like Rs.8-9k :(

Stick with TVS gold, those keyboards are unmatched at that price for typing.

Frankly speaking I am not too impressed with a few Razer products I have owned too, they seem to concentrate on the jazz factor, and compromising the quality in process..

sa_ill said:
That is incorrect. I have replaced my Lycosa twice. The problem was, some of my keys used to stop working and I had to remove and reconnect the keyboard again, and this was coming out to be a daily thing, which was a pain in the you know what. The guy replaced it. And and the same problem. I looked up on the internet and it turned out I'm not the only one, there 10s of thousands, check Amazon.

With my Copperhead, worked great for first few couple of months. I fragged a billion. Used to love that damned mouse, but, the issue started where it just kept disconnecting and reconnecting by itself. Threw it outta the window, bought a Steelseries, and OMFG this mouse is a monster!

Please, let us not ponder into nitigrities and focus more into the 'actual' question of this thread. Cheers!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

You have any idea where I can score the Steelseries keyboards in Delhi? Plus, they are pretty expensive right? Like Rs.8-9k :(
Actually I got it through ma friend who works for Steelseries :) He got me Steelseries Zboard for 3500/- with additional Counter strike 1.6 Keyset free of cost :p and SteelSeries SX Surface for 2300/- hee hee hee hee, I know its way too cheap :p

My brother got me Razer Mamba from south Korea a week back, dam the design was f*****g awesome man, but shit happened as you mentioned already, it disconnects and reconnects often :( again am moving to ma old mouse Microsoft Sidewinder X5 :p

I sent a Query mail regarding the same to Razer Customer Support. Those guys are telling to give it for a RMA but they need the bill copy itseems :( sadly I dont have it :(

the blackwidow keypress has less actuation force than the TVS Gold though both are cherry blue keys. if you want to know more about this n-key rollover you have to head to geekhack forums. being usb only the rollover of blackwidow is limited to 6 only.. while the tvs gold has a ps2 version.

blackwidow has macro and media keys which is indispensible for me. else TVS gold is the choice for it's price. btw blackwidow is available for 4.2k from SMC

_

tvs gold ....

high end mechanical keyboards(das,etc) are similar to tvs gold and not worth the extra price

using TVS Gold since 2002

we all know TVS are great.( infact i have read many foreigners import the TVS gold from india ) so stop saying that again and again !

the thing OP ( am i too ) want to know that is the TVS Gold anti-ghosting.

how does the TVS Gold fare when it comes to gaming?

I myself am using Microsoft Desktop 200 which is quite good(read mediocre) for my uses, but tends to get a little noisy with vibrations after a while

DigitalDude said:
the blackwidow keypress has less actuation force than the TVS Gold though both are cherry blue keys. if you want to know more about this n-key rollover you have to head to geekhack forums. being usb only the rollover of blackwidow is limited to 6 only.. while the tvs gold has a ps2 version.

blackwidow has macro and media keys which is indispensible for me. else TVS gold is the choice for it's price. btw blackwidow is available for 4.2k from SMC

_

Thank you for your very knowledgable post. Now, I am considering between the Steelseries 6GV2, which is costing Rs. 7000 from SMC, OR, TVS Gold.

Now, I really wanna go for the TVS, and since TVS and the Steel have the same feedback key press mechanism, its really a no brainer. What I'm worried about is, the ghosting capabilities.

If the TVS has decent ghosting abilities, it would save me A LOT!

Any leads on that?

I guess i need to contact my friend for the price of SteelSeries and will let you guys know soon :p Hope his prices are way cheaper than others :)

harryneopotter said:
If i rem correctly ...TVS Gold does not have any ghosting issue unless you are using any converter with it !
Can other people on this thread verify/confirm this? If this is true...then I dont think I should dish out 7k for the Steel. Then basically TVS and Steel have no difference whatsoever.

sa_ill said:
Thank you for your very knowledgable post. Now, I am considering between the Steelseries 6GV2, which is costing Rs. 7000 from SMC, OR, TVS Gold.

Now, I really wanna go for the TVS, and since TVS and the Steel have the same feedback key press mechanism, its really a no brainer. What I'm worried about is, the ghosting capabilities.

If the TVS has decent ghosting abilities, it would save me A LOT!

Any leads on that?
steelseries 6gv2 and 7g are cherry black keys that don't have the 'click'... very good for gaming but not mainly preferred for typing.

btw see this geekhack forums - View Single Post - N-key rollover test.
_

Back