CPU/Mobo Upgrade Cpu|Motherboard |Ram Please advise

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Amd X2 240 @2.8 Ghz

Motherboard - Asus M2N68-AM PLUS

GPU - Sapphire HD5770 Flex Edition

RAM - Hynex 2x2gb ddr2

Monitor - Samsung 22" B2230

SMPS - Zebronics 600W Extereme Platinum Psu

Case - LANCOOL KR62R2 AMD Red Edition

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor -Samsung 22" B2230

SMPS - Zebronics 600W Extereme Platinum Psu

Case - LANCOOL KR62R2 AMD Red Edition

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel i5 2500K Or Intel i7 2600K

Motherboard - asus maximux Gene Z Or Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Or Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 (rev. 1.0)

RAM - 2x4Gb DDR3

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes will Upgrade Graphics Card

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Online/City/TE Dealer

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

1> Gaming

2> General Use

3> Downloading and watching movies Hd Movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Asus

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Battlefeild 3 cod mw3

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Desktop - 1920x1080for now.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

NO

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

vivek.krishnan said:
^^ those are 1st gen i7. second gen i7 will launch next yr, w8 for them.

which one should i go for intel i7 2600k no i5 2500k or a normal one i need a cpu which stay long at least 4-5 years dont want to upgrade

2600k has the advantage of hyperthreading over 2500k.. hyper threading gives more virtual cores for cpu intensive tasks.. For gaming even a dual core is sufficient and the 2600k will be a waste.. 2500k or even the plain 2500 will suffice easily for another 3 years unless you plan to sli two 590's or 6990's..

premium seller

go for a 2500 based system, not a 2500k based system as you are not interested in overclocking

you will save money in the process..rather use that for an ssd or a better psu

premiumseller said:
which one should i go for intel i7 2600k no i5 2500k or a normal one i need a cpu which stay long at least 4-5 years dont want to upgrade

Go with a i5/i7 for now, and upgrade to IB when it comes out. IB will be enough. Or w8 till march next year.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, the difference between a k and non k is so small ~ 850 bucks, but it is better to go with k cpu, will be better binned~ better quality, and of course better resale value too.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

For now, i5 2500k is enough for your needs.

Back