Upgrade the PC or wait ?

bsd

Disciple
hi guys i decided to upgrade my pc.my current config is as follows. BUDGET is around 13000rs.
CPU=Intel c2d E4300
MOBO=MSI 945G series
RAM=Transcend 1gb
HDD=80gb seagate.

after viewing lot of other guys threads in this section i decided to go for
AMD athlon X3 440
MSI 880gma
corsair 2gb .
500gb HDD.
but now i am in dilemma whether to go for this config or to wait few more months, is there any new cpus from AMD.
and another question is prices of computer parts decreases after 2011 BUDGET.hoping to so:):)

Re: upgrading the pc or to wait

I would suggest you wait for Llano. It will take integrated graphics to a new level with HD5570/HD5670 class performance :)
You have a decent entry level set up. I would say just add 1 more GB of RAM. (You can get a 2nd hand 1GB DDR2 for ~Rs.500-600) and wait till May/June for Llano.
Also if HDD space is required you can get the 500GB HDD too now and just upgrade CPU+Mobo+RAM+PSU/SMPS(if u dont have a good, branded 350w/400w PSU) later.

+1 to DarkAngel. Just add 1GB of compatible RAM and some Hard disk and you will be OK for a few months at least.

wait for Llano

Then in the same upgrade price, you'll get a 32nm processor instead, + a HD5670 class GPU.

bsd said:
hi guys i decided to upgrade my pc.my current config is as follows. BUDGET is around 13000rs.

CPU=Intel c2d E4300

MOBO=MSI 945G series

RAM=Transcend 1gb

HDD=80gb seagate.

after viewing lot of other guys threads in this section i decided to go for

AMD athlon X3 440

MSI 880gma

corsair 2gb .

500gb HDD.

but now i am in dilemma whether to go for this config or to wait few more months, is there any new cpus from AMD.

and another question is prices of computer parts decreases after 2011 BUDGET.hoping to so:):)
For the moment, I would advice you to stick to current system and buy the following components:

1. PSU: Corsair CX400 ~ 2.8k OR Gigabyte 460w ~ 2k

2. GPU: Used 8600GT DDR3 512MB ~ 1.5k

This would give a huge boost to your system performance. E4300 is capable enough to handle even 8800GT without creating bottleneck.

The PSU will safeguard your PC components; reduce power consumption, noise; and will be fully compatible with your future purchase. Moreover, you can even overclock your E4300 by around 300-700Mhz easily while being on stock cooler.

The GPU's VRAM will offload your 1GB memory, freeing up 256MB of system memory, and bringing improved high speed 512MB of video memory. Hence, there won't be any need of buying more DDR2 Ram. Also, the GPU will be just enough to meet your visual requirements like casual gaming, HD playback, etc.

thanks for your info guys. i googled to get more info about the Llano CPU. Engadget and ZDNet showed that there will be new cpus as you guys said. i will be wait for few months. about over-clocking i tried it few times but didn't get through it . any info about OC.

Cabby is Mercury, it has 400w PSU. Mobo is MSI 945GZM5-F series

^Caution. Don't try OCing on that Mercury PSU. Get a good PSU at the earliest. Its the most vital component.

bsd said:
thanks for your info guys. i googled to get more info about the Llano CPU. Engadget and ZDNet showed that there will be new cpus as you guys said. i will be wait for few months. about over-clocking i tried it few times but didn't get through it . any info about OC.
Cabby is Mercury, it has 400w PSU. Mobo is MSI 945GZM5-F series
Before doing anything get a good PSU atleast FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1.9K. If you buy anything without PSU, then the investment in other components is totally useless.

hmm ok guys . i will not OC the system, i will save the money and get a new PSU while updating after 3-4 months. i will ask your suggestion about new CPU and other parts. Thanks you for your valuable suggestion and time .:):D
see you guys in this section after few months.

Back