PC Peripherals UPS with more than 1 hour backup?

Nomad

Disciple
I require a UPS with a backup of 1 to 3 hours. This is for a single system (C2D, 4gb ram, dvd writer, 19 inches LCD, 1 PCI card, 500 GB HDD). I would prefer an APC.

Please suggest guys.

whats your budget... secondly Internal Battery UPS wont provider more than 30 mins back up...

you will have to go for external battery UPS.... It depends on the budget... post your budget so that members can find out a good option for you....

My budget is around 10k.. APC UPS with external battery will be good. The tech specs on the APC website does not mention about whether an external battery can be attached to the UPSs..

well u can go for the APC BR1000IN with the optional BR24BP battery will give a back up time of more then 100min.
alternately u can get the SUA1000UXI costs about 10000 but gives a pure sine wave output battery extra ,price unknown.

Well I wld say to go for an online ups...!!
Buy emerson online ups ,its available at very few places but its the cheapest and the best.
The one with internal battery will cost u arnd 14K with batteries and will give backup of 45minutes

I am also looking for a UPS which can provide 2-3 hours backup. Budget no constraints, but would like to be within 20K.

I researched some online shopping sites. Found Videocon to be cheaper and also they have pure sinewave UPS in range of 800VA-1400VA. The UPS price range is Rs 4500-Rs6500 without battery. Also according to my calc, the battery rating I need is 12V 150AH.

What can be the price range for these batteries ? On online sites it is anywhere between 7K to 14K depending on type (tubular, sealed MF etc).

Any suggestions for UPS and batteries ? This will be used for PC only. APC is out of question, as I had good and bad experience with them.

My system config is in my sign.

Thanks.

^^^+1, 4k battery+ 4-5k inverter may give you more then 2 hours of backup. Plus you can get a lot more stuff running when required :p (tv, light, fans)

That looks good.

One more Q: Does the inverter take power from normal 6A socket or 15A power socket or single phase mains to my home.

I have seen inverters/home ups being used for home lighting and generally connected to the mains that powers the whole house, at the entry point of the house. Since there is about 25 feets between the mains that powers my home and the place where my PC is currently kept. That will help me decide. If the inverter can be connected to the normal socket, then I don't have to worry.

Thanks.

Back