Urgent!!! Need some career advice...

Deepak

Skilled
Oct 10, 2005
Hey all

First the background

I am currently working in the Banking domain in i-flex solutions on PL/SQL technology.

Now the real story

Today, I got an offer in SAP LABS Bangalore with a really good compensation pay package. I will be working in the HR module specifically on the payroll module on ABAP

And now the questions/confusions:

1. How good is the new profile.

2. What are the career opportunities outside SAP LABS for this profile (ABAP)

3. Since I am originally from Delhi I would like to go back to my home town after 1-2 years. So how much in demand is this particular tech back in Gurgaon and Noida

4. If any one here works in SAP LABS, please please PM me your phone number and I will get in touch with you.

5. Speaking of a long term career goal for me, I would like to MBA after a few years. Is jumping to a new company after 1 year suitable during an MBA interview or is it considered a Con, especially jumping into an entirely different functional and technical domain

6. Any other opinions/suggestions are most welcome :)

This is kind of urgent as I have to give their HR an answer max by tomorrow i.e. 29 Aug

Cheers

Deepak

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
Neither my area nor do I work for SAP Labs. However one of my classmates from college and a very good friend works for SAP in Bangalore and he's very very happy with both the work environment and also his work.

Deepak

Skilled
Oct 10, 2005
^^ Had it been JAVA I would not have thought about it twice. But for me it is ABAP which means in the future also I can only work on SAP based products / modules in any company I go in