Using Xoom with HDFC/PNB

tcpip

Disciple
Hi All,

I wish to know 2 things from Xoom users.

1. For those who have used Xoom to transfer money from their Paypal account directly to their HDFC bank account. The small issue lies with the number of digits in HDFC Acc numbers. As HDFC a/c holders will be aware that their bank account number is 14 digits long while Xoom accepts only 13 digits as per their transaction steps. So please tell me your experience with transferring money to their HDFC account or any other bank with more/less than 13 digits as their account number.

2. For those who have used Xoom as direct Cash pickups from PNB banks. What is the average time lag between the transaction and the delivery of the money for the pickup and any issues that you may have faced.

Apart, from these questions, I would like to know which of the above methods have you had more success rate or your preference and why.

The reason I am asking is because a month ago when I discovered Xoom and recommended my client to pay me by Xoom he had a terrible experience and I ended up using paypal.

Thank you for your time and replies. :)

I've used Xoom twice. Both the transactions were under 8k.

First time, I did a cash pick up, it was the very next day. Although it can take time before Xoom processes funds from the sender's side.

Second time, I received the money in my HDFC account. What you can do is, call the Xoom helpline or mail them regarding your query.

Both ways it worked pretty swiftly, also I'd suggest you find a good coupon to save on the transaction fees.

Why was your client's experience bad with Xoom?

Thanks Sibot for your very prompt reply.

Since the first time I advised someone to use Xoom and it didn't work, I am now skeptical about using it for myself.

The client was transferring funds from his paypal account for a cash pickup from PNB. However, the email addresses (the one he registered with Xoom and the one on paypal) had different names and Xoom canceled the transaction but not before debiting his paypal account. So, not only the money was not transferred but the paypal was not credited back with debited money. And he had not received the refund, the last time I checked with him couple of weeks ago which makes the refund delay of about 25days.

Thanks for the tip on using coupons.

If you want to withdraw from your Paypal account, you can directly do from Paypal as they accept Indian bank accounts. Is it necessary to go through XOOM??

If you have been using paypal for long.. you would know that paypal offers you a low currency exchange rate for USD to INR.

Most of the time its about a rupee less than other transfer websites. It makes a huge difference for me. By using Xoom its worth it even when they charge the fees for the transfer provided it goes hassle free. I am yet to transfer through them, just waiting for more replies to be confident enough

Back