Utorrent Download speed problem !

It happened to me too. With another PC it was fine but I got another motherboard and with this one I faced this problem for two days, after updating the LAN driver it went away. With me it was happening like when I start the torrent it goes to full speed but after some time it comes back at 5-6 Kbps. If I stop and start again same thing happened. So updating the driver solved this problem I think, as I have not faced the same problem since yesterday.

^ I even updated the LAN driver, did a fresh clean install of it :(

Noticeably yesterday for an hour or so , the speeds were high as SKY , but then again the same SH!T started :(

Even i noticed similar kinda problem but i thought i was the only one. I am using Bit torrent and with me what happens is the speeds arent stable at all. Sometimes it will all go upto 200 KBPs and then suddenly it will drop to as low as 0.5-1.0 Kbps.. I always have multiple torrent files to download and suddenly in every file the speed drops and yes upload speeds are pretty stable. Torrent doesnt drop the seeds though. I mean sometimes they are connected to 30-40 seeders but still speed is like 0.5Kbps.. isnt that weird? i am on latest bit torrent version and using Win 7

guess airtel is shaping the traffic.. I have the same problem with my 2mbps line..

Try this.. In uTorrent, Just check if every options under bittorrent is enabled except 'limit local pear bandwidth'.. This morning i tried this n my dl speed jumped back to normal..

Edit : This didn't work... Guess the problem is with airtel.. any suggestion guys??

Try the following and see if it works:

> If you were using a different port before you updated the version to 2.0.4, there is a possibility that the port permissions were affected. Try and redo the port forwarding and make sure the Av/Firewall isnt blocking that port.

> Make sure the NAT and UPnP framework are enabled in the Router as well. If you are using a wireless setup, check the wifi router settings as well.

> Assign a higher download priority + force download to the files that you are downloading in uTorrent, this should somewhat resolve the issue.

> If none of those work, try downloading a different Torrent sharing system like vuze, Vuze has the option of decentralized tracking, Decentralized tracking does help to get more seeders without being locked to the same annouce networks.

> Reinstalling the Av and uTorrent might work too. Most probably a bug.

Cheers!

^ Thanks very much ! RESOLVED :D !

But the connection goes down @ 8pm & regains @ 11 :( after constant OBSERVATION :(

same downloading problem with me. i use win mobile as moderm and at normal i get 20-25kbps of speed on aircel card but most of the time i get like 0.1-0.5kbps , so what is it all about ????
i use bittorrent :)

^ Try downloading a file from MS, Filehippo, then do speedtest, then go back to torrent

Report the average download speeds of all here

1.1mbps download and 224kbps upload as per Dumeter

just to reiterate my self , i have a problem with upload speeds on private trackers . downloads are normal

Back