Video Video streaming from PC to TV

Kneo

Adept
Hi,
I have my PC (bedroom) and TV (living room) in separate rooms. I also own a Philips LX3600D home theater system (no DivX playback) + 29" Samsung CRT.

I generally have to watch the movies that I have on my PC on a lousy 17" monitor. I have heard about a few products that streams video from your PC to your TV without wires.

1. How good are these products in terms of quality ?
2. Which are the good ones ? Any links ?
3. Are they tied to the video file formats ?
4. Any product by big brands out there ?

Thanks

hey,
i had the same problem until i got the X10 entertainment anywhere! the device works flawless, i have been using this since almost 4 years now....
what is it?
its a wireless audio video broadcaster.

how does it work?
there are 2 pods, one connects to your tv or home theater system, in the video in, the other connects to your pc...i m sure ur pc has a video out...connect ur vdo out and audio out to this pod...activate ur 2nd display on ur pc...and volla! its magic!! u can watch ur fav movies, listen to music...nething u want...

and now comes the best part...oh yea...it comes with a REMOTE!!
u get a software for the remote...nd through this remote u can control ur winamp, mediaplayer, u can configure it with nething u want, its universal remote...

so if ur watching a movie on ur tv, nd u get a phone call, no need to run to ur pc and hit pause, instead use the remote...cuz this wrks on radio frequency...nd this remote can b configured to do nething u want, control ur tv, ac, music system...
back thn i had bought it for 80$...over here i inquired abt it nd it was rs.20,000 at lamington...

the new version has lots of improvements and cheaper too..
i'm posting a link...chk it out...

X10 - Watch TV in the Bedroom Without Wires - $49.99

Chaos said:
Get an XBOX... the old one and then install xbmc. Cheapest solution to what you are looking for :).

hmm...interesting, enlighten me...how does this work? wirelessly?? and how would it be cheaper...even an old xbox would cost minimum 10k atleast...correct me if i m wrong...

^^ u dont need to stream wirelessly. Just connect the xbox to the TV. xbmc handles every codec under the sun plus you can attach a hdd of a decent capacity and copy your movies to the xbox. A second hand xbox will cost you around 4-5k while a new one should come to 8k if you can find one.

The solution that 'Godless' proposed is $ 49.99 which comes to around 2250 bucks..thats still cheaper and no hassles to connect.

Related to the same, can anyone tell me if my Leadtek 7600GS would have a video output as he asked for ?

It has a DVI out if i am not mistaken, but will it work with any device needing a video input ?

kalpesh said:
Related to the same, can anyone tell me if my Leadtek 7600GS would have a video output as he asked for ?
It has a DVI out if i am not mistaken, but will it work with any device needing a video input ?

i m sure the leadtek 7600gs will have a S-Video out...all u need thn is a s-video to RCA convertor cable which comes with the card, check ur box, i m sure u have it...

Thanks Blade for the update on X-Box...

if ne one is interested i have this i want to sell its a 2.4ghz a/v transreciever with ir. so you can use your infra red remote in the other room as well.

Just used for 1 or 2 times brand new condition with box manuals cables and adapter (both are 110v so u will have to buy stepdown or use your own 12v adapters)

Want Rs 5000/-

Back