VIRUS Problem - Help required

I am using Norton and Kaspersky on my pc. Norton is showing me a virus found named : W32.Downadup.B but it is not able to quantraine it nor it is able to delete it. I tried to find this file on my pc but the search ended and i could not find the file.

The result given by norton is:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
Threat: W32.Downadup.B
File: C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KLEJC1AJ\ajkluyjf[1].bmp
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KLEJC1AJ
Computer: DOT-AB0F6E599CE
User: SYSTEM
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:27:10 PM

Pls help.

virus definitions r updated, but program core is still not comparable to latest versions, dont stick to this, I heard 2009 version has gr8 improvements.

are u using Norton and Kaspersky together on a single pc? if yes then using both of them together could pose a problem....try using either of the two...

nod 32 4.0.314.0---->cracked update...no more fcukin around wid serials

malwarebytes.org

^^These two things are all your need....Pls get rid of norton 2004, your living in 2009 now.

That junk came free when p4 systems came out. Its no match for todays advanced spam/malware/virus world.

ppl recommending nod32 r probably recommending the old v2.7 which is outdated now.. v3.0 and v4.0 are not all that gr8

kis 2009 is good but takes up lot of ram.. almost 50MB at any time.

try norton 2009 gaming edition.. i have it on my pc and it takes only 6.5MB of RAM and is extremely fast and quick.

use norton 2009 + superantispyware (malwarebytes detection rate is not good) and u can remove any nasty viruses u want. use a good firewall too.. xp firewall sucks.. use online armor (Free) or comodo internet firewall (Free).. they are two top rated firewalls.. sygate sucks.

btw NEVER use two antiviruses together.. they can create potential file conflict and make system unstable.

1. Never use 2 Antivirus Engines at the same time stick with one and update it regulary.

2. Norton 2004 even with updated definitions is not good enough , get a better AV software.

[My recommendation is NOD 32 2.71 - I am sticking with it works good for me]

3. Also use spyware scanners and a good firewall to protect ur PC.

Softwares i recommend.

AV > NOD 32 2.71

Firewall > Zone Alarm Firewall or Comodo [Both are Free]

Spyware Scanner > Spybot , Malwarebytes Anti-Malware , Ad-Aware 2008 Edition not the latest.

Havent tried Super Antispyware so cant comment.

rohitshakti2 said:
I am using Norton and Kaspersky on my pc. Norton is showing me a virus found named : W32.Downadup.B but it is not able to quantraine it nor it is able to delete it. I tried to find this file on my pc but the search ended and i could not find the file.

The result given by norton is:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan

Event: Threat Found!

Threat: W32.Downadup.B

File: C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KLEJC1AJ\ajkluyjf[1].bmp

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KLEJC1AJ

Computer: DOT-AB0F6E599CE

User: SYSTEM

Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied

Date found: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:27:10 PM

Pls help.

Dude never use 2 Antivirus software's together, can lead to a system crash.. also ur system will be real slow..

would recommend u to chuck both norton and kaspersky..n by the way ur norton2004 engine is tooo damn old..if u r having problems uninstalling them,use revo uninstaller..

would recommend u to use either Avira or Avast..both free versions will be enough(prefer Avira)

also for adware n antispyware u can try SuperantiSpyware or Malware Bytes.. both r good..

here's the link for Avira..

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

n for Avast

Avast Home Edition - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

hope this solves ur problem..:)

Mate get Avast home edition free software do a boot scan so that it can remove the file...simple steps to do that are given below

Download and install Avast

Restart PC

Right click on the Avast system tray icon

Click on “Start Avast Anti Virus”

Avast anti virus window will pop up and run a memory scan

Once memory scan finish, you can right click on the Avast anti virus window and select “Schedule Boot Time Scan”

“Schedule Boot Time Scan” window will popup, select “Scan all local disk” and check on “Advanced Options”

For normal infected file select “Move infected files to Chest” and select “No action” for system files and Press “Schedule” button.

Avast will prompt you for restart to perform the Boot time scan and click “Yes” to reboot and start the scan.

Done you have just scheduled a boot time scan from Avast anti virus

scorpionsting said:
Dude never use 2 security software's together, can lead to a system crash.. also ur system will be real slow..
That is a wrong statement. A decent security solution for a PC will consist of multiple products for different aspects of security. I suppose you actually mean "never use 2 antivirus softwares together."

Emil said:
That is a wrong statement. A decent security solution for a PC will consist of multiple products for different aspects of security. I suppose you actually mean "never use 2 antivirus softwares together."

well thanks for pointing that out.. yep i did mean that..will edit that message..:hap2:

Two antiviruses can be used on single PC without problems.Just make sure you disable auto start and real time protection of one of the antiviruses.I use Bitdefender and Malwarebytes anti malware together.

Back