Vodafone to bring iPhone to India (confirmed)

m4w

Disciple
Yup. Finally its out in the open. Hit up Vodafone.com for the press release.
Vodafone to Offer Apple’s iPhone in Ten Markets

06 May 2008

Vodafone today announced it has signed an agreement with Apple to sell the iPhone in ten of its markets around the globe. Later this year, Vodafone customers in Australia, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Greece, Italy, India, Portugal, New Zealand, South Africa and Turkey will be able to purchase the iPhone for use on the Vodafone network.

^^ I doubt. Lets not forget the odd crowd who buys stuff just for the heck of it. I know its silly, but eventually sales will happen.

The Sorcerer said:
^^ I doubt. Lets not forget the odd crowd who buys stuff just for the heck of it. I know its silly, but eventually sales will happen.

those who gonna buy it just for the heck of it will certainly regret it later. :eek:hyeah:

It's official now! Apple and Vodafone have penned a deal to sell the Apple iPhone in ten countries around the world including India.

As per latest reports, Vodafone will begin selling the Apple iPhone as early as later this year. Earlier, a leading business daily had quoted unnamed sources at Apple retail saying that the iPhone is expected to launch in India in the first week of September 2008. The report had said that initially only the 8GB version would be launched for somewhere around Rs 28,000 with the 16GB version expected to follow suit later.

Link->Techtree.com India > News > Gadgets > It's Vodafone Bringing Apple iPhone to India

Pricing seems okay. not too high as expected

8GB version ==> 16k

16GB version ==> 20k

[edit]

corrected blunder!

4gb is out of production

Today's Times of India - Jaipur Edition.

NEW DELHI: Gizmo freaks have reason to celebrate with Vodafone set to offer the Apple iPhone to its subscribers in India before 2008-end. The iPhone was first launched a year ago in the US with AT&T as an exclusive carrier. Its inaugural price was Rs 15,960 for 8GB and Rs 19,960 for 16GB with a two-year service agreement.

When contacted, Vodafone refused to divulge any further details regarding the date of launch, the model or the price. However, a company official promised that the price would be "competitive".

Vodafone set to offer Apple's iPhone in India-India Business-Business-The Times of India

Nice to hear the word "competitive" :eek:hyeah:

amityrock said:
dear rajasthan royals fanboi: those prices are the prices it launched in us wit!! :p :>

oops, sorry i missed it twice. on both occasion the reason was same

Sleep

:stup1:

In morning & now, i am and was feeling sleepy.

Hence the error. but still Vodafone plans to keep prices "competitive" :hap2:

well.. lets hope vodafone does.!!

also the fact tat people wud need a vodafone connection 2 use iphone officially also sucks..!! comeone whos gonna change their numbers just to be able 2 use the iphone. (unless number portability comes into play).

I suspect that pricing Gaurish references is likely. Vodaphone compared to Hutch is much more aggressive and like Airtel seem to be in a hurry to go and sign up as many subscribes as they can pronto.

That's very much like how they operate internationally. Considering the 2g model will soon become outdated and Apple's aggressive target for 10 million this year it could even be cheaper.

Overpricing and keeping it out of reach will not give them the numbers, rather they could use it as an opportunity to get lots of users willing to spend on data and stuff to switch to their network.

Back