Wacom tablet, or pen mouse for illustrations

kiran6680

Disciple
Oct 5, 2021
Hi,
I need to draw on the screen, basic illustrations during online meetings. But drawing with a mouse is a well known pain.

I was tending towards getting a pen mouse, which is electronically the same as a mouse but in a pen shape. Most reviews of all pen mice mention that even the good ones are not suitable for drawing or writing with. Their only advantage is to provide an alternative holding stance, relieving specific muscles/joints.

Now I used to think wacom tablets are for artists, and I'm not an artist. I may never use the pressure sensitivity of the tablet. But otherwise, is it the best option I have?

Any other ideas?

Many thanks

cymric

Disciple
Feb 21, 2022
There are other options ( maybe better) out there. One of them is Xencelabs.

I have used a basic Wacom for photo editing and didn’t get used to the pen tool :(

Have a look at this review:

Hope this helps you make your decision.

Cheers,
SM

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
I have a Lenovo Yoga 370 from work. It came with a touch screen and stylus that slots into its base. For basic illustrations, it worked pretty well. These days there are lot of laptops that come with touchscreen that also supports digitizer. If you are due a laptop upgrade, this is better way to go.

with current PC, if you have android phone, try to setup Chrome Remote Desktop that comes with pen feature so that you can use your phone to draw.

Reactions: kiran6680

kiran6680

Disciple
Oct 5, 2021
Great. With chrome remote desktop I need to use my thick fingers to draw ? Or are there cheap styluses available?