Monitors want a TFT monitor

Dude tell us what your budget is. If you have someone coming from abroad, you can get the components along for almost nothing (if he/she is smart enuf with the customs guys ;)). Else its impossible to get stuff from there.

well the thing is that i wanna know as to how much its gonna cost to bring stuff here...
cause then i can compromise ..
like i`m not gonna buy hard disks... and if the cost is high then i won`t go for keyboard/mose and dvd writer ....
i`m looking to buy
mobo , procy , memory, monitor, dvd-writer, keyboard, mouse..
ok so say my budget is 60-80k.. recommend me a config..
also i have seen the reviews and benchmarks on many sites in the last two days..
2*6600gt in sli =(or is bettr) than 2*6800gt in sli. ..... and when you consider this.. .then.. the 6600gt makes some sense..
but agian.... you can buy a 6800gt single and you get a performance of 2*6600gt in sli mode.. and the cost of single 6800gt = 2* 6600gt...
this is precisely what i`m confused about..
cause i can either buy asingle 6800gt or 2*6600gt`s .. now and never get to buy anything else later... . that is till i marry! so i need to make a thoughtful decision on this.. please help me..
also i saw on the customs site .. that . importing a assembled comp is duty free !!!
really is it??

First 6600GT SLI is equal to 6800GT single in normal benchmarks. With AA/AF, the single 6800GT is faster.
Second with a 80K budget in which u want everything, u can forget abt high performance RAM or 6800GT SLI. A single 6800GT is 25K in india(XFX with suspect cooling) and two 6600GT cards will also cost nearly the same or slightly less. How long will this config last and allow u to play the latest games? Probably a year and a half. After that u'll have to drop down res and detail levels to maintain a playable frame rate. Thats how fast the video card industry is moving.

dude i`m getting the whole rig from abroad with out customs. that `s why 80k budget man...
plus i might lessen it man if its not suiting my mommy's purse..:p
i know all about the video stuff man.. buts it will be way better than my present machine dude... and why not go for it if for once in my life i get to flaunt something?? ;)
all i`m asking right now is a config man. not a lecture..(Sorry for being rude if i`m)
so i can decide ... i would wait for sometime ..but i wo`nt get another oppurtunity to buy stuff from abroad and get it here.... plus if i can buy it then i do`nt mind buying it now cause i`m not gonna get to buy another pc for the next 4-5 or even 5 years !
so please help me with a config
and ya me too did go through the pain of reading all the reviews. .and ya what you said chaos is pretty true man..
also need to know what kind of prices i can expect in may - or june.. causse that`s when i`ll get the comp but i`ll have to get the config aand the cost and everything now itself....
might make a couple of changes later on .. no probs. with that..
please help me...
also help me with my tft query i had asked. . i hope it wasn`t a stupid quesiton..

If you are getting it from abroad, then get an SLI system for sure.
Get this:

A64 3500+ (Venice core)
DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
1 GB OCZ VX4000 RAM
2x6800GT (Whichever brand u prefer)
2x74 GB Raptor
Viewsonic 19" TFT (forgot the name but has 8ms response time)
Some decent case (Silverstone would be my pick)
500W or higher name brand PSU.

Rest as you like....

i had thought about a dfi .. but if something goes wrong then how do i get it repaired??
also won't a amd 64 4000+ be better??? or will the bottleneck persist??
and i already have 2*160gb pata drives man and one 16gb pata drive. so won`t be buying a hard disk.... anyways.
can i wall mount the tft.. which is exactly what i wanna do...but dropping the idea for sometime..
i have looked through a lot of cases... but i do`nt really know how to select..
what should i look out for.?
for eg.. on newegg is where i`m looking for cases...
so there they have stuff for bays, Power supply... expansion slots(what are these) ...
how do i select a good sli case..
the thing is i`m not going to selct and buy the computer parts... someone else is...
so i need to get all the products right.... all the names and prices right.. so that when the product comes to me i do`nt discover something terribly wrong with my pc. something missing.. lol :)

ok here is the rig i selected for now --
Asus A8n SLI -- 169$
AMd 64 4000+ -- 549$
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card -- 379$
logitech MX 510 -- 28$
Logitech Elite Keyboard USB/ PS/2 104keys --- 24$
plextor 16X Dual Layer dvd writer --- 136$
RAIDMAX Samurai Black ATX Mid tower Case With 450W PSU - 132$

OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Platinum Edition 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 -
Cas Latency: 2-3-2-5 1T - 192.67$

total cost comes to - 1609.67$ = 70,278 rupees.
(All prices taken from newegg)
monitor.. damn i just might get a 17' crt.. so won't write the cost for it now.
also need to know if the memory stick is right( ithink this is the highest asus can take or is it not??)
also is the dvd write .. good.. atleast people who bought say it is faster the rest.. and better tooo!!
oh one more anyone can help me with prices in dubai.. cause most prolly i`ll get all these from there only..
and what about australia.. is it cheaper there??? i mean will i spend more on the above mentioned products or less??
thank you again.

ok here`s another config please chekc this out--
DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB GDDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/HDTV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "PX6600GT TDH" -RETAIL (SLI support)
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512K, L2 Cache, Socket 939
Logitech RED Performance Optical Mouse PS2/ USB, Model "MX510"

Logitech Elite keyboard USB/ PS/2 104keys
Plextor 16X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA Drive, Model PX-716SA/SW
imageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers, 8ms and DVI
Creative SBS560 5.1 Speakers
RAIDMAX Samurai Black ATX Mid tower Case With 450W PSU, Model "ATX-901WBP"

so i compromised on the proccy.. from my provious rig..
is this a well balanced. as this also comes within the 80k budget..
pleasse help people.

Anything beyond 3500+ is not worth the money. Get the DFI. Its a much better motherboard than the asus. You cant get warranty on a board here whether its asus or something else. I've never heard of imagequest. Get the LCD from a well known maker and be careful about dead pixels. Also those speakers are crappy. All low end creative speakers are crappy. The cabinet+psu is crappy as well. Buy an antec/silver stone/lian li or coolermaster for cabinet and an OCZ/antec/silverstone/enermax or such a name brand PSU. Going for a crappy PSU will ruin ur system. That DVD writer is not very good either. Buy either a benq,pioneer or nec dvd writer. They have the best write quality and firmware support.

suggest a samsung 173p / 193 since it comes with a clamp that lets you wall mount it

Back