CPU/Mobo Want Advice: E6600+P5B Dlx Wifi+CellShock 2GB

I want to know how much can I sell these three items for:
1. E6600 (1 year warranty left, purchased on 9/2/7, purchased locally)
2. P5B Dlx Wifi AP (1 year warranty left, purchased on 9/2/7, purchased locally)
3. Cellshock 2GB RAM (Lifetime warranty, purchased from MC.com 27/2/7)

I only need some quotes on how much can I sell them here for. If I find the price feasible I will create a new FS thread, otherwise will just keep the stuff with me.

Reason for sale:
Upgrading to i7.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

E6600 - 2.5- 3k , as new E5200 is 3.6k which ocs better and 2.5ghz stock.

P5B DEL - not sure , but i dont think it supports 45nm new procys and quads etc so around 3k.

RoBoGhOsT said:
E6600 - 2.5- 3k , as new E5200 is 3.6k which ocs better and 2.5ghz stock.

P5B DEL - not sure , but i dont think it supports 45nm new procys and quads etc so around 3k.

U must be kidding!!

The E6600 is wayyy better than the E5200 and overclocks pretty well. Check out the old TE Super-Pi thread which must've buried since long. Clock to clock the E6600 is better than the E5200. :p

And the P5B-Del although an old-gen chipset, does support the 45nm CPUs (at least the 45nm C2Ds for sure; with a BIOS update). Switch has an E8400 on the P5B Deluxe. That said, there might not be a day-night difference in the performance in games compared to the newer chips like the P45/P35. ;)

I want to know how much can I sell these three items for:

1. E6600 (1 year warranty left, purchased on 9/2/7, purchased locally) not below 3.5k for sure

2. P5B Dlx Wifi AP (1 year warranty left, purchased on 9/2/7, purchased locally) 3k could be a decent pricing I guess. No one gives a damn abt Wi-Fi stuff :p

3. Cellshock 2GB RAM (Lifetime warranty, purchased from MC.com 27/2/7) Touted to be one of the best RAMs ever. What's the frequency/latency? PC6400/8000/8500? And I'm shocked urs've lasted till now. :p What chips're these? If those're the D9GKXs, they'll fetch u almost anything close to 3.5-4k. More or less the same for the D9GMHs as well. At least benchers and OC'ers would want to part that pricing with u. Best of luck with the sale!!

Mutant, You got PM.

@Gunman...

Thanks for the heads up brother. :) And this motherboard does support quad core processors.

The frequency is 800Mhz. Sorry missed on that one :p

rite said:
Ideal prices:

CPU 5k

Mobo: 4-5k

RAM 2-2.5k

wen you have no idea what you are talking about, you better not talk :p

those sticks will easily fetch 3.5-4k as has already been mentioned. they are cellshocks afterall. and that proccy will never sell for 5k.

Are cellshocks memory still in business?
i had read a few weeks ago that its parent company is getting out of the memory business.
if they are out of business then their "lifetime" warranty is over.

I thonk going for i7 is not the correct move at the moment, lot of other midrange chipsets are going to come out and even new and cheaper model of i7. When I knew these I rather bought E8200, MSI NEO 3- FR, G-Skill black with Heat pipe. I already had HD4850 hence this would serve my 22" gaming at moment.

Thanks for the advice bro. I think you are completely right. But not in the case of i7 only. It applies to every new technology which gets launched. It is never a good idea to buy any new launched technology because it comes for a premium.

Here we take the example of i7. If I buy it today, the price, all combined, is costing me around 42k for CPU+Mobo+RAM (That too for a high end Mobo, Asus P6T6 WS Revo). For sure, if I buy the same stuff at the end of the year, the price will come down to around 32k (or maybe 2-3k less). But for me, 10k for a year depreciation for this stuff ain't that bad. And I won't have to think daily about updating someday ;)

Also remember that I am updating. I am getting around 10k for my current stuff which I am selling. At the end of the year when nehalem will be cheap, it won't sell for even 5k. So out of that 10k saving, I already lost 3.5k (1.5k Dep) on resale!!

Just my 2 cents though. :)

Not for the sake of arguing , but we will see that with nehalem. ;)

Edited:

I forgot to add the reason. I thought I should.

Intel has a clearly laid policy that LGA-1366 socket will be reserved for Skulltrail-like high end systems, whereas, a new socket, LGA-1160 will be launched for the mainstream versions of the chip. So the price of LGA-1366 Mobo and CPU range will unlikely come down, atleast till 1160 is launched which won't be a reality till early next year.

Back