Want advice on stopping a spitting menace

6pack

ex-Mod
Recently from a month or so, i've been seeing some spit marks on my front door. Some retard living on the floor above mine is chewing betel leaves (paan) and using my door to empty his mouth. Thankfully the door is painted black, and stains are not visible, just the streaks.
<

First thought that came in my head is to put up a cctv and catch the guy and make him pay for a new door. But it seems too much and costly for this purpose.

Another thought is to put up a slogan in hindi so he will think twice about spitting.

Need your suggestions on this. Can you give me some advice on how to tackle such an irritating person?

Personally, i feel like punching that guy in his face if i catch him red handed.

Mostly its done by the dhobis or egg selling guy in my building.

If you sure which person it is than one need to tackle it the way how it goes.

If its some chap of your building best would be to stick chewing gum over his homes key hole and door bell.

But if as i said its someone else than one needs to think that way.

Btw you can also try laga raho munna bhai thing but i hardly think such stuff works in this world.Who knows you might be that one lucky chap out of million on whom it works.

that munnabhai thing works only in movies. if i do such a thing whoever is doing that thing will keep doing it and laugh at me on top thinking i'm an idiot.

I made a poster. is there any spelling mistakes in it?
<

antispit.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: Translation from Hindi to English

1st line - Read and understand

2nd - Spitting on door is prohibited

3rd - Disease spreads by spitting

Sorry for the hindi poster. Cant put up in eng cause bugger may not know english.

Few thoughts:

1. You might have pissed off someone, so this guy is taking his revenge. Anyone comes to your mind ?

2. Some new tenant/resident shifted in your building recently ?

3. New Newspaper/Milk/Dhobi coming to your building ?

I like Kippu's suggestion - Just try, it may work.

If possible, somehow catch hold of the person. Best is to speak in a diplomatic manner, else u can up the tempo depending on ur physique and/or your intincts. Simply pasting warnings never works, we have seen that on rly stations and the roads..

But if you still want to try the pasting of notices.. make sure u dont print out the stuff u posted. Spelling is all wrong
<

The religion picture is very good
<

Another one (may not be practical )

Electrify the corner or place where he spits
<
, let be spit and he might be lucky enough to get a good shock
<

here in my city at some walls people had written "Yaha mootne wala mada****d " (One who pisses here is motherf****ker )

Try something like this
<

#Spacescreamer please pm me the spelling please.
<

Maybe i'll put up a notice with a deity too. With deity saying spitting inside the building is prohibited by his / her order.
<

@Spacescreamer, can you pm me the text in hindi like God says spitting in side the building is prohibited?

of course it be a bummer if he is from another religion , but its what we usually do , stick a god tile on the walls to prevent pissing or just a small OM / swastika , things just stop after that

I agree with the religious photo bit. The wall abetting the public park in front of my house had become a pissing corner for all the local drivers and sundry people. Tried requesting them, yelling at them, complaining to their employers and everything else a sane person would do, nothing helped. Stuck tiles from all religions on the wall. Problem solved overnight.

I don't know how much the "divine order" of not spitting anywhere in the building would work but it should certainly solve your immediate problem atleast.

Back