Camera Want to buy a P&S for max 5k.

X-jo

Disciple
Hi, I want to buy a P&S Camera. My budget is max 5k. I am no pro, but this is just for those occasional pics n vids, like a family outing, or random pics here n there.. So I want the best i can get within 5k.

the ones i have in my list are

1) Fujifilm FinePix AX300 for 5k with 4 GB SD Card+Camera Case+Camera charger FREE - Flipkart.com: Fujifilm FinePix AX300: Camera
2) Nikon Coolpix L23 for 4.4k with 4GB SDHC Card + Camera Pouch + Rechargeable Battery Charger + DSigner Watch & Pen worth Rs.3950/- FREE - Flipkart.com: Nikon Coolpix L23: Camera
3) Samsung ES30 for 4.5k with 4GB Card+Pouch+Battery Charger FREE - Flipkart.com: Samsung ES30: Camera

I seem to like the AX300 for some reason but as I have no personal experience with them , i mite be just liking it.

Is any of these better? or are there any other?
Do let me know

I won't be taking HD videos all the time or maybe never but if it can then the better..

thanks

Emperor said:
Fujifilm Finepix AX200 is same suggested to me by m-jeri & adder & I set to buy same.

Compare Digital Cameras comparison between the above 4 including AX200.

is AX200 worth the extra 500Rs ?

Also what is the diff between a camera charger(free with AX300) and a battery charger(free with AX200)?

thanks

Fuji FinePox AX200 @ 3870/- with coupon code + Charger Free + 4gb SD Card Free + Pouch Free (may be Strap & USB data cable not included) with LetsBuy.com

I assume Camera Charger & Battery Charger are same i.e. 2AA Battery charger with AX200 & AX300.

X-jo said:
Compare Digital Cameras comparison between the above 4 including AX200.

is AX200 worth the extra 500Rs ?

Also what is the diff between a camera charger(free with AX300) and a battery charger(free with AX200)?

thanks

Emperor said:
Fuji FinePox AX200 @ 3870/- with coupon code + Charger Free + 4gb SD Card Free + Pouch Free (may be Strap & USB data cable not included) with LetsBuy.com

I assume Camera Charger & Battery Charger are same i.e. 2AA Battery charger with AX200 & AX300.

thanks a lot for the info bro, but i prefer flipkart over letsbuy (cos i have bought from fk only till now, thats y, dt wanna take risk also lb's price is less wen compared to others). i will check some stores and see what the cost is... also AX300 is 14MP and AX200 is 12MP, so do u know in wat aspect, its better than AX300 ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

malhotraraul said:
unless you have a very tight budget, few suggestions ..........

1) Panasonic Lumix FH22 Around 8K

2) Canon PowerShot A3100 IS Around 6K

3) Canon Powershot A800 Around 4K

4) Fujifilm Finepix AV200 Around 4K

then you have Kodak Easyshare CD 44, Nikon CoolPix L23, Panasonic Lumix DMC-F2 all these fall between 4K to 5K category .................. but i would suggest Canon PowerShot A3100 IS

thanks for the help, av200 is just 3x, canon a800 is 3.3x, while others are 5x zoom, so isn't the 5x zoom a better option under 5k ? also the max i can go for is 5k, if by 500Rs more i get a really better camera then i can.. else just 5k ....

You want the most megapixels with maximum Optical zoom for the best price and a good Digital zoom. Other things to consider are image stabilization and face detection.

FUJIFILM FinePix JX400 looks good to me so far, 16 Megapixel, 5X Optical Zoom, Digital Image Stabilization etc

Price on NEWEGG looks within your budget, but have no idea about Indian Price.

i am also yet to buy my cam for around 5.5k and i am still worried about thinking for fujifilm camera's

How are they compared to nikon,canon and sony ?

Do they charge more only for brand name or they are really better ?

How is the A.S.S of fujifilm ?

How about these camera's -

Flipkart.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS5: Camera

Flipkart.com: Kodak EASYSHARE C195: Camera

Flipkart.com: Nikon Coolpix L22: Camera

The panasonic one has been suggested by our very own expert Mr.Brendon :) and that according to me is the best in this budget :)

swastikrj said:
i am also yet to buy my cam for around 5.5k and i am still worried about thinking for fujifilm camera's

How are they compared to nikon,canon and sony ?

Do they charge more only for brand name or they are really better ?

How is the A.S.S of fujifilm ?

How about these camera's -

Flipkart.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS5: Camera

Flipkart.com: Kodak EASYSHARE C195: Camera

Flipkart.com: Nikon Coolpix L22: Camera

The panasonic one has been suggested by our very own expert Mr.Brendon :) and that according to me is the best in this budget :)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS5 looks kewl, i asked some of my friends and they all recommended that after showing them this Compare Digital Cameras

thanks , will check some reviews just to confirm

iamlegend said:
Yes. Go head with LS5 its very nice camera..

I bought it, awesome camera.. just wat i wanted.. got recharcheable batteries apart from the normal batteries, pouch and battery charger free. 4GB SD card is on the way..

swastikrj said:
^^^^^

Where did you buy it from ?

A small review would be awesome :)

from flipkart.. got it within 2 days... pics are satisfactory for me and am happy with it... i wanted it for day to life pics, friends reunion n familia... am not into photography so i dt want any pro pics to edit or so... and the ones that it takes now is nice.. best part is the digital zoom which i liked and also the OIS part of it... P&S and doesn't matter abt shake.. just wat ma doc ordered...

X-jo said:
I bought it, awesome camera.. just wat i wanted.. got recharcheable batteries apart from the normal batteries, pouch and battery charger free. 4GB SD card is on the way..

Congrats :) put some sample pics soon !

Back