Was it the right AC choice?

H_D

Adept
Last year we bought an AC for my room which has dimensions of 12 x 9 ft. It has my PC which runs 24x7, a double-bed and my study table.

This is our AC: Carrier - DURAKOOL 1.5 Ton Remote: Airconditioners (Window) - Best Price Rs.22,400 - Compare India

Did we make the right choice by buying that ac according to the dimensions of my room. Give some input please as i am totally illiterate regarding acs.

I am asking this now because i think it will be helpful in future and for my knowledge too.

^

You have already bought it, right? Then what is the meaning of asking now? You already have invested a lump some amount of money. If we say that you have made a complete blunder, what will you do? Can you exchange your AC with something that is recommended here? Please ask before buying in the future so that we can suggest you the best.

:)

AFAIK, Carrier is a reputed company, and 1.5 ton is sufficient for your needs as far as the room dimensions is concerned. 1 ton AC would have been less for your needs.

simforgotten said:
^

You have already bought it, right? Then what is the meaning of asking now? You already have invested a lump some amount of money. If we say that you have made a complete blunder, what will you do? Can you exchange your AC with something that is recommended here? Please ask before buying in the future so that we can suggest you the best.

AFAIK, Carrier is a reputed company, and 1.5 ton is sufficient for your needs as far as the room dimensions is concerned. 1 ton AC would have been less for your needs.

Thanks for the reply bud but i mentioned something in my last line "I am asking this now because i think it will be helpful in future and for my knowledge too." ;)

No, we were thinking if this ac was too much for this room then we could move it in our another room and can get another one for this room, preferably 1T. You mentioned 1T would not have been enough then i don't see the point in moving it.

I have to run this ac on 26C and if i make it below that it gets too cold lol

simforgotten said:
^

Its perfect for a 12 * 9 room. No need to use that in another room.

Alrighty! :hap2:
CA50 said:
@OP. mate you had bought it one year back and now you are posting here for advice :facepalm:
Let me quote myself again for those who just can't care to read the posts completely.

H_D said:
Last year we bought an AC for my room which has dimensions of 12 x 9 ft. It has my PC which runs 24x7, a double-bed and my study table.

This is our AC: Carrier - DURAKOOL 1.5 Ton Remote: Airconditioners (Window) - Best Price Rs.22,400 - Compare India

Did we make the right choice by buying that ac according to the dimensions of my room. Give some input please as i am totally illiterate regarding acs.

I am asking this now because i think it will be helpful in future and for my knowledge too.

If it chills your room and the compressor get periodically shut after few minutes indicating that the AC compressor has reached set ambient temperature the AC was a right choice for room.

However is the compressor never shuts off and is running all time ..boy you are seeing at one AC reeling under Pressure and Great Electricity bills.

Next time try going for the Split AC if the budget suites you.

freshseasons1 said:
If it chills your room and the compressor get periodically shut after few minutes indicating that the AC compressor has reached set ambient temperature the AC was a right choice for room.

However is the compressor never shuts off and is running all time ..boy you are seeing at one AC reeling under Pressure and Great Electricity bills.

Next time try going for the Split AC if the budget suites you.

I have to run my ac on 26c normally and then the compressor shuts after 20-30 mins for the first time and then around 15 mins in 2nd cycle onwards.

Today i ran it on 24c during day and it took around 50-60mins to shut. Is it normal or there is something wrong?

Normally we are very satisfied and happy even with 26c as 24c gets too cold.

About the budget, the amount of money we spent on it including everything was around 24.5k (ac/regulator/installation).

Back