CPU/Mobo Was this VFM purchase????

shaplus

Disciple
I upgraded my computer with help of you all:hap2:.Thankyou alllllll.........all of them are helped many noobies like me:eek:hyeah:

Biostar TA790GX-5700/-
Athlon X4 620-4950/-
Transcend 2GB DDR3-2650/-
Zebronics 450W PSU+Gigabyte Cabinent-400+1500=1900/-

How is my configuration????:)Is my purchase was VFM???

Spectre said:
just a correction here

existing psu is enough, but its nowhere safe :)

If its enough means it is safe. What else do you want from your PSU apart from the fact that it can run your rig properly? In fact Zebronics is one of the better brands out there. I am using an E7200 + 8400GS+ Biostar P35 + 2GB RAM etc on a Iball 450W PSU I think. Works fine.

PS: This does mean I am advising people to use el cheapo PSU's for their rig. It just means that even those PSU's that come with cabinets bundled are pretty decent for low end entry level rigs especially without GPU's and stuff.

@shaplus

Do not try any overclocking or adding a GPU while using that PSU. If you wish to overclock or if you plan to get a GPU later on then buy a good PSU first :)

Don't add high end gfx card other than that it is fine btw one of my friend is running a 9800gt on his Zebby450W which is a total risk imo :p but still he didnt face any problem till now.

Mohit said:
If its enough means it is safe. What else do you want from your PSU apart from the fact that it can run your rig properly? In fact Zebronics is one of the better brands out there. I am using an E7200 + 8400GS+ Biostar P35 + 2GB RAM etc on a Iball 450W PSU I think. Works fine.

PS: This does mean I am advising people to use el cheapo PSU's for their rig. It just means that even those PSU's that come with cabinets bundled are pretty decent for low end entry level rigs especially without GPU's and stuff.

I would not advocate running any pc with these crappy psu's
It puts the MB and other components greatly at risk

These PSUs are made of inferiors components and when there is a surge or low voltage from the mains, they will fail more easily than a quality psu, also they would not have much protection mechanism to protect the pc components, they will take them down as well

Why is the same Zebby selling their 350W Pro version for 1.6k+ and this 450W for ~300, there is a difference right

Its upto the buyer to take that chance, i would call it a risk

Well said :) OP just did the opposite, PSU is more important than fancy cabinet anyday!

desiibond said:
should've taken Gigabyte PSU + zebronics cabinet. Everything else is true VFM. Congrats on purchase.

Spectre said:
I would not advocate running any pc with these crappy psu's

It puts the MB and other components greatly at risk

These PSUs are made of inferiors components and when there is a surge or low voltage from the mains, they will fail more easily than a quality psu, also they would not have much protection mechanism to protect the pc components, they will take them down as well

Why is the same Zebby selling their 350W Pro version for 1.6k+ and this 450W for ~300, there is a difference right

Its upto the buyer to take that chance, i would call it a risk

Yes. But we are in India. 90% of entry level rigs here use the bundled PSU's with the cabinets. It works. Its pretty safe as long as you know the limits of the stock PSU's and don't overload them. And ofcourse, if one has the money then he can always upgrade the PSU for something better.

Back