Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, first step into Quality Audio

ANP !!!

Skilled
Well first it was Computer modding, then Photography and now my newest hobby, Audio systems, Damn I am gonna be having a hard time in future with 3 expensive hobbies.

Anyways let the pics do the talking.

The Mess before the cleaning that lasted 2 days :eek:.

DSC_4330800x600.jpg

DSC_42201280x768.jpg

DSC_4436800x600.jpg

DSC_4473800x600.jpg

DSC_44662800x600.jpg

DSC_44672800x600.jpg

DSC_4461800x600.jpg

DSC_4460800x600.jpg

DSC_44584800x600.jpg

DSC_44593800x600.jpg

DSC_44582800x600.jpg

DSC_4440800x600.jpg

DSC_4435800x600.jpg

DSC_4420800x600.jpg

DSC_4428800x600.jpg

DSC_4413800x600.jpg

DSC_4407800x600.jpg

DSC_4411800x600.jpg

DSC_4402800x600.jpg

Ah .. and looks like you are doing good in all of em :) .. really nice photographs..

did you audition the 9.2 as well? ..

Can you please post a pic of the rear of Norge 2060? .. and what connection type between your PC and the Norge? ..

thanks,

ultimabasher said:
Nice. Damages and a review please :)

Speakers 13k

Amp 7.5k

Review once I get some free time :p.

tin_tin_jose said:
COOL BRO :wow::cool2:

Damages plz :thumb:

nice clean up more space but it will get messy again

For now am trying to keep it as clean as possible, after all the pain it caused me to clean it.

m-jeri said:
Love the long..flat...table..

Thanks, It was the most imp furniture of my room, so I wanted it to be big lol.

HydroXidE said:
Ah .. and looks like you are doing good in all of em :) .. really nice photographs..

did you audition the 9.2 as well? ..

Can you please post a pic of the rear of Norge 2060? .. and what connection type between your PC and the Norge? ..

thanks,

From what I read, the difference between the 9.1s and 9.2s was 5" woofer vs 6.5" woofer on 9.2, rest was all the same. I did enough research before buying this, and it was said that there was no other difference between the SQ, just the bass on 9.2 was heavy. There were some reviewers recommending the 9.1s over 9.2s since there wasn't much noticeable difference. 9.4 are when you really up the level in terms of SQ and Power. I found the bass on 9.1 to be more then enough, its plenty, its tight and fast (ex Z5500 user). I dont need a dedicated sub, although I have hooked one to my PC right now which I only use when gaming.

Here you go

DSC_4341.jpg

I used a Stereo > RCA converter > RCA to RCA on the back of the Norge.

Connected the Sansa Clip the same way, so can use FM.

Wao... what a fantastic setup!! Loved the speakers and amps. CONGRATS!!

Btw, can you please tell me how you did that ambient lighting setup behind the monitor? It looks really nice and soothing. :)

^CCFLs!

Congrats Abhi! Btw you can drop in this weekend - shall be getting the portable drive having the stuff soon. :p

Hehe nice. Awesome pics too :p. BTW get some rubber feet/metal cones for putting under the speakers. Makes a big difference to bass - you'll lose a wee bit of heft but it'll become a lot more resolving in the bottom octaves.

Someone asked 9.2 vs 9.1 - Had auditioned both for a friend and I prefer the 9.1. Its much more dynamic and musical.

@Those all who wanna buy my Z5500: Sorry, I gave it to my dad, to be used in his HT room. :p

SunnyBoi said:
Nice! :D Now get yourself a proper DAC :p

Yes, that's the next thing I will buy in my computer upgrades, first I need to move back to upgrading my camera gears (ND grad filters and flash), then move back to computers again, hopefully within 2 months I will pick up a decent USB DAC.

ripesoul said:
Finally! it took a long time for you to post this. Waiting for a review.

Thanks for all the help in my thread, Yes was lazy to click some pictures. :)

BF1983 said:
Hey Congrats ! Sorry I could not be of any help in recommending a shop to get these from. :(

Awesome pictures there !

No problem :), I already knew where I wanted to get them from, Thanks to Amey.

Black_Hawk said:
Wao... what a fantastic setup!! Loved the speakers and amps. CONGRATS!!

Btw, can you please tell me how you did that ambient lighting setup behind the monitor? It looks really nice and soothing. :)

I have 2 pairs of Blue CCFL and one Red CCFL behind the LCD stuck with 3M double sided tape, and hooked up to a dedicated PSU that runs the CCFLs along with 2x 80mm fans behind the amp heatsinks (just in case it gets really HOT in summers), right now these get plenty hot to burn your fingers when played for long hours.

I cleaned up the mess behind the LCD a lot, before this it was crazy with 9 CCFLs behind the LCD and it looked something like this

DSC_21601024x768.jpg

Chaos said:
Hehe nice. Awesome pics too :p. BTW get some rubber feet/metal cones for putting under the speakers. Makes a big difference to bass - you'll lose a wee bit of heft but it'll become a lot more resolving in the bottom octaves.

Someone asked 9.2 vs 9.1 - Had auditioned both for a friend and I prefer the 9.1. Its much more dynamic and musical.

Thanks for the tip Chaos, will try that out, gotta get some quality wires too.

Gannu said:
^CCFLs!

Congrats Abhi! Btw you can drop in this weekend - shall be getting the portable drive having the stuff soon. :p
Sure thing ;). I will be in Mumbai from 29th to 31st, will try to come 31st night. And we should plan a meet out soon, your b'day is coming :p.

Back